Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orb in Halloween picture

Options
  • 10-12-2009 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

GetAttachment.aspx.jpgThis is a picture taken before a halloween party this year. The only interference with original photo was to take out the person on the left. Take a look and give ur opinion!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

a bit of dust reflecting light..........case closed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

These types of images are dust or moisture reflecting in the image

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Agree with Grimes! There's a first haha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    Agree with Grimes! There's a first haha :p
    i dont know if i agree...... for, i think it could be swamp gas ha:D

but on another note is the single "orb" like in this photo common!? ive seen lots of pictures like this, over a long time and dead center over the persons head!? a bit wired all the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Gorrila had a good idea, case closed

• Advertisement

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Gorrila had a good idea, case closed
    good for gorrila.......but not for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

though that orb looks like it has a face,, two eyes nose mouth, looks like a smiley face to me:) serious, look close

argosy2006 wrote: »
    though that orb looks like it has a face,, two eyes nose mouth, looks like a smiley face to me:) serious, look close
    it does close up :).... could the plastic on the mask have something to do with that do you think!?

I dont understand people who say "my orb has a face in it", was there an episode of Most Haunted where they found an Orb with a face in it? That would make some sense. I wish MH would finds apples the cause of Paranormal activity. We would have some many apples at the convention....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

I have to laugh at peeps who think there's some significance in calling these things "orbs" - Funny that no-one has ever seen one in real life and they only appear in supernatural photos. Although it's always hi-larious when the ghost hunter tv programs insist there's something to them :D

• Advertisement

Orbs are by definition three dimensional. However in images they seem to be clear 2D circles. I propose we rename them flying tiny circles of death, the first manifestation of a paranormal investigator talking complete shite

Grimes wrote: »
    I dont understand people who say "my orb has a face in it", was there an episode of Most Haunted where they found an Orb with a face in it? That would make some sense. I wish MH would finds apples the cause of Paranormal activity. We would have some many apples at the convention....
    I dont watch Most Haunted nor have much time for opinions on the show, but i do understand why people see an image within a picture like this....its the first thing most would see.
    some see dust reflecting .... i see swamp gas reflecting ...others see a face ... again this is all just artifical analysis on everyones behalf.
    Why do "orbs" provoke people in the paranormal field!?
    Is there alot of variety in terms of "orbs" seen in photos today!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I have heard of and seen orbs with faces in them, but they seem to be rather rare occurences, something like 0.05%. Most interesting one was when it was pointed out to me that there was the face of a dog/puppy in a picture taken at Charleville Castle. I was still with the PRAI at that point as well... but when we started doing some work on the garden area, we found a gravestone for a puppy that died at the castle, which was rather interesting, given what I had seen.

Either way though, I do think a very small percentage of "orbs" have some merit and an even smaller amount have some rather interesting features to them, such as having a face or are a different colour. Either way, a combnination of experience and talks with others has taught me that most orbs have quite a natural reason, and it seems to be a phenomena that is more often replicated in digital cameras...

I have heard of and seen orbs with faces in them, but they seem to be rather rare occurences, something like 0.05%. Most interesting one was when it was pointed out to me that there was the face of a dog/puppy in a picture taken at Charleville Castle. I was still with the PRAI at that point as well... but when we started doing some work on the garden area, we found a gravestone for a puppy that died at the castle, which was rather interesting, given what I had seen....

Sorry Stormkeeper
    Anthromorphism ftw!!

m6s6aicjogoampxnh1a9dzzq7k4g1nn$rw05jr5rtgw9mp1yxrntmue5xy6ibvq
    Either way though, I do think a very small percentage of "orbs" have some merit and an even smaller amount have some rather interesting features to them, such as having a face or are a different colour. Either way, a combnination of experience and talks with others has taught me that most orbs have quite a natural reason, and it seems to be a phenomena that is more often replicated in digital cameras...

I think you meant all orbs have a natural reason. Anyone who claims that a ghost otherwise ..... draw your own conclusions

Due to the size limitations of the modern compact and ultra-compact cameras, especially digital cameras, the distance between the lens and the built-in flash has decreased, thereby decreasing the angle of light reflection to the lens and increasing the likelihood of light reflection off normally sub-visible particles. Hence, the orb artifact is commonplace with small digital or film camera photographs.

The orb artifact can result from reflection of light off solid particles (e.g., dust, pollen), liquid particles (water droplets, especially rain) or other foreign material within the camera lens.

The image artifacts usually appear as either white or semi-transparent circles, though may also occur with whole or partial color spectrums, purple fringing or other chromatic aberration. With rain droplets, an image may capture light passing through the droplet creating a small rainbow effect.

Underwater photographers notice the effect also, which occurs for the same reason as above-water photographic artifacts. Sand, small sea life or other particles close to the lens, invisible to the diver, reflect light from the flash causing the orb artifact in the image. A strobe flash, which distances the flash from the lens, eliminates the artifacts.

As Barry Scott would say "BAM and the dirt is gone"

Forget the Orb , its a fantastic photo of Bigfoot !:eek:

Gorget the Orb , its a fantastic photo of Bigfoot !:eek:
    bigfoot won me E100 on halloween nite for best dress....Oh i love my yeti

jonbravo wrote: »
    bigfoot won me E100 on halloween nite for best dress....Oh i love my yeti

You should check out the photo on 6th on the Know your Loungers thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not Orbs again guys. :(

If a ghost or spirit was trying to manifest itself or whatever, is it really going to be a perfect 2D circle. I’m an amateur photographer of many years and these things we all call orbs are usual a sign that I need to clean my lens/sensor or the area I’m is a bit dusty. I rarely see any orbs in photos that have not used a flash or had a long exposure.

I was on an open investigation in Wicklow Gaol a while back and one of the girls was taking pictures all night with her camera and had the flash on. She kept running over to us and showing us proof of the paranormal with these orbs and mysterious bright spots. After a few hours I lost the head and screamed at her to stop taking pictures of every shiny and reflective surface with the flash on(she was a bit of an attention whore I think). Her response was that the flash helped to see the orbs and weird bright manifestations . At this stage I felt my IQ dropping just from being around her and moved away.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a strong believer in the supernatural and have my own experiences. But catching an orb on a photo is not one of them.

Advertisement