Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDM-3600

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

What is your budget? You are always better buying mixer and cdj's separate, also buy cheap buy twice rule applies to all cheap DJ equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

300 is me maxed out at the minute. i would have liked to go vinyl, but have no way of sourcing vinyl down here in athlone, also nice to be able to use my already existing music collection instead of buying alot of it again on a new medium. All i want it for is as a bedroom set-up and maybe bringin to the odd house party

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

If you're using it for the bedroom and occasional house parties you will be fine, you might like to look into software like Traktor or even Vitrual DJ and use a midi controller if you want, you would be able to use the music you already have and mp3s are cheap enough to buy.

colin29 wrote: »
    If you're using it for the bedroom and occasional house parties you will be fine, you might like to look into software like Traktor or even Vitrual DJ and use a midi controller if you want, you would be able to use the music you already have and mp3s are cheap enough to buy.

you mean i would be able to control traktor on the laptop using that setup so long as i had the midi controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

sherdydan wrote: »
    you mean i would be able to control traktor on the laptop using that setup so long as i had the midi controller?

Na, he's saying if you get Traktor and a Midi controller you wouldn't even need to buy that yoke.

;)

• Advertisement

i see what yea mean!!! afraid i dont have a machine powerful enough to run traktor well though. And cant afford + dont want to spend that amount of money on a new machine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

There are some good deals on Adverts at the minute, might find something you like. Personally, I've tried a few "all-in-one" units belonging to friends etc and they all are missing something. Scratching, effects... Stuff you'll probably eventually want.

Save up a little more and get something that will last. I did and never regretted it.

Advertisement