Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fight Befor Christmas 2- Final Card and Arrangements for Spectators

Options
  • 09-12-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

The Fight Poster is Here

It's been a hectic few weeks but I'm happy to finally announce the final fight card for The Fight Before Christmas 2 this coming Saturday. Every fight card is hit to some extent with withdrawals and injuries however we've had 11. You didn't read that wrong. Fortunately there are a lot of really good and intestinally fortified fighters out there willing to take matches and I'm extremely happy with the card and I know it's going to be a great night's entertainment!

Final Card (Runs from the bottom up)
    Cathal Pendred (SBG) vs. Mervyn Mulholland (Kyoko Ryu) 77kgs A
    Alan O'Loughlin (CSC) vs. John Redmond (RFA) 77kgs B
    Will Heffernan (IPMMA) vs. Owen O'Neill (Maynooth Shootfighters) 92kgs C
    Ger Gleeson (IPMMA) vs. Gavin Carlin (Evolve) 77kgs C
    Interval With Entertainment
    Colin English (IPMMA) vs. Eoghan Wilson (Spartan MMA) 66kgs C
    Stephen Finlan (IPMMA) vs. Justin Doyle (Fianna) 73kgs C
    Przemek Mucha (IPMMA) vs.Gareth Large (Evolve) 77kgs C
    Grant Carroll (IPMMA) vs. Tommy Martin (Spartan MMA) 61.8kgs C
    Sean Duffy (Rush) vs. Gary McQuaid (Evolve, Derry) 65.8kgs C

We've put a lot of time, effort and hair into this one and we're basically tearing the gym down and rebuilding it for Saturday night. We'll have an all seater show with great music, lighting, ring girls and some surprises. Ultimate MMA Supplies will be there selling MMA tee shirts, shorts and apparel. MC Richie Moore will be using his oh-so velvet tones to introduce the fighters and entertain as always, we have Dave Jones taking care of the action inside the ring and we'll have some giveaways too.

If you'd like to be seated at a ringside table there's a couple still left. You'll need to get on to Dano at info@informedperformance.com to book one.

Informed Performance is located just off the Ballyboggan Road in Glasnevin (beside Dublin Industrial Estate). Map and Directions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Best of luck with the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Unfortunately cant make it but best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Really looking forward to it.

Must be some hassle taking the whole gym apart and then of course putting it back together

No sleep for the rope man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

It's a lot of lifting. There's 1500kg of plates to be moved into a store room which we'll do as a workout for people tomorrow- we'll say "I'll time you!" and see who falls for it. 4 giant Elite FTS racks to be moved, and they're heavy yokes, but other than that there's just the laying out of the seats and tables, the erection of the lights and PA, the preperation of the dressing room area, prepping the ring into comp mode, screening off some areas, and walking around with a staple gun and hammer nailing down anything that looks like it could move.

That's all gravy compared to the actual running of the night which as you well know Jason can be slightly stressful. But believe it or not I'm really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Barry,
    Making 92kg might be a bit of an issue for both Owen and myself...mainly because our fight has been set for 100kg for a couple of weeks now...you really have to let this whole 92kg thing go...I am seeing it everywhere and it is giving me a complex about my weight.

• Advertisement

Roper wrote: »
    we'll say "I'll time you!" and see who falls for it.

I used to only take 11 seconds to run to the shop.

Barry,
    Making 92kg might be a bit of an issue for both Owen and myself...mainly because our fight has been set for 100kg for a couple of weeks now...you really have to let this whole 92kg thing go...I am seeing it everywhere and it is giving me a complex about my weight.

Is ur name Will or Will not?

Have you any Will power?

Where theres a will theres a way..

etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

Jason Mc wrote: »
    I used to only take 11 seconds to run to the shop.

best post I've EVER read....EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Best of luck with the show Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

mcdermott wrote: »
    best post I've EVER read....EVER

I agree!!! Great post

Up to that point your post "non runner then? lol" ref the first Cage Contender show was my fav :D

John
    Cage Contender 3, 5th Feb 2009, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus
    www.fight.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

What time does the show start Barry?? and is there an after party??

John
    www.fight.ie

Oh and ALL THE BEST for the show :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Will there be tickets on the door?

In answer to all of your questions...

Yes there is an afterparty in NV on Leeson Street. I recommend it! I also recommend if you're a fighter or coach hitting me up for one of the very few passes to the screening room to watch the UFC until the small hours. If you're not a fighter or a coach you'll have to be tremendously nice to me.

It also looks like there will be some tickets available on the door. We have a few left and we also might get some returns from the ones that have been out. I would advise picking them up tomorrow though as we're pretty close to being sold out.

TONIGHT!

Doors 7.30pm, tickets available on the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

i'd really love to go but 30 euro in?. in these times?. its only 8 euro in to the stadium for a night of boxing. good luck with the show anyways. good to see irish mma taking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GARR

8 euro into the stadium....are you serious....its 10 euro into the novices and thats in the ringside...as for the stadium 35 euro for finals...and thats amatuer....no disrespect to the boxers.

Well ultimately price is determined by demand, cost etc etc etc and I think we showed why we were just a tad more expensive on Saturday with the calibre of show we put on. Everyone has given us excellent feedback on the show and we're delighted with the event.

That being said, price is something we will constantly review and currently we are looking at tiered pricing for our next show ie. student rates, u-18 tickets etc. etc. to make the show more accessible to more people which is our ultimate goal. We like money (who doesn't) but it's not the sole aim of this show.

How much is it to get into Pro boxing shows in dublin?

Jason Mc wrote: »
    How much is it to get into Pro boxing shows in dublin?

Last week's show was between 38 and 60 as far as I remember? That was the Macklin fight.

Advertisement