Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Playoff Bill Passes US House Subcommittee

Options
  • 09-12-2009 9:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭

"WASHINGTON – A House subcommittee approved legislation Wednesday aimed at forcing college football to switch to a playoff system to determine its national champion, over the objections of some lawmakers who said Congress has meatier targets to tackle."

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091209/ap_on_bi_ge/us_bcs_congress

Are the days numbered for the BCS as we know it? (Blue gets out pom poms and cheers!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

"WASHINGTON – A House subcommittee approved legislation Wednesday aimed at forcing college football to switch to a playoff system to determine its national champion, over the objections of some lawmakers who said Congress has meatier targets to tackle."

You'd have to agree that the US Congress probably should have eyes on more important things these days then college football postseason matches!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

frostie500 wrote: »
    You'd have to agree that the US Congress probably should have eyes on more important things these days then college football postseason matches!
    Let's use our imagination for a moment... Your team is 11-0 for the season, and they are playing their final game and leading by 3. Now frostie, would you say the same thing in the last few seconds of 4th quarter play, while you watched a Hail Mary pigskin spiral through the air towards an open opposing team receiver in the end zone, knowing if he caught the ball, your team would be knocked out of the only two slots allowed to play in the BCS championship game?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Let's use our imagination for a moment... Your team is 11-0 for the season, and they are playing their final game. Now frostie, would you say the same thing in the last few seconds of 4th quarter play, while you watched a Hail Mary pigskin spiral through the air towards an open opposing team receiver in the end zone, knowing if he caught the ball, your team would be knocked out of the only two slots allowed to play in the BCS championship game?;)

Hey man I'm a Longhorns fan, I remember last year so I dont need to imagine a situation!;) Last year I didnt want a playoff and this year I dont. I do agree that some changes need to be made but I dont want a 'March Madness' type playoff in football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

frostie500 wrote: »
    Hey man I'm a Longhorns fan, I remember last year so I dont need to imagine a situation!;) Last year I didnt want a playoff and this year I dont. I do agree that some changes need to be made but I dont want a 'March Madness' type playoff in football

March Madness is only there because of the ridiculous amount of Basketball teams there is :D i think its something like 3 or 4 times more D1 colleges have Bball teams than Football. Could you imagine a BCS version for the College basketball. It would be a messy affair :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is great news, looking forward to the days when the Champions are unquestionably the best team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement