Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Droping a subject

Options
  • 09-12-2009 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm repeating the fourth year of my course. In one my of modules I received a D grade the first time I did it. I was told that it wasn't necessary to repeat, but I decided to attempt it anyway to try and bring it up to a C.

In this module there is no January exam, instead it is based on three continuous assessments. I attempted the first two and then received a D and an F and was afraid that I would get an F overall.

So I decided not to do the last CA, and then cross off this module on the list I received in the mail, confirming which module exams you're doing for the semester. The form itself asks the students to add any subjects not listed or to delete any that they are not taking.

I figured that my best option would be to accept the last D grade and try and get a C+ in something else to make up for it.

Was this the right thing to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Judging by your CA results, in your situation I would say yes. Now all you have to do is study for your next exam ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 WizardJim

Teferi wrote: »
    Judging by your CA results, in your situation I would say yes. Now all you have to do is study for your next exam ;)

I'm passing everything else with Bs and Cs. It's just this particular subject and it's field that I always had difficulty with.

Advertisement