Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch for a 99 Focus

Options
  • 09-12-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

With great timing the clutch has started to go in my 99 Focus. Its slipping everytime I give it some juice and is dangerous trying to drive with it (due to there being no power on tap). Anyways, can anyone recommend somewhere on the northside of Dublin to get it done, preferrably out Swords direction. Unfortunately my mechanic I had used has actually emigrated. :(

Any idea's what the cost might be? I'd like to get it fully serviced as well at the same time as I was planning on doing this in Jan anyway. Any chance I'd get away with <€500 for both the service and new clutch?

The car will drive grand but defo need to get it done as couldn't sell it this way either so its a catch 22 situation.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

go onto ( after googling ) midnightclub.ie or everyfordirelad.ie even dtdireland and over someone on the northside 50 quid to fit a new clutch...

look on gee-bay or any of the usual suspects for parts....

thats alot of work for... about 10 seconds. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Pdfile wrote: »
    go onto ( after googling ) midnightclub.ie or everyfordirelad.ie even dtdireland and over someone on the northside 50 quid to fit a new clutch...

look on gee-bay or any of the usual suspects for parts....

thats alot of work for... about 10 seconds. :pac:
    The OP wants a recommendation for a mechanic, do you have one or don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

SK1979 wrote: »
    Hey guys

With great timing the clutch has started to go in my 99 Focus. Its slipping everytime I give it some juice and is dangerous trying to drive with it (due to there being no power on tap). Anyways, can anyone recommend somewhere on the northside of Dublin to get it done, preferrably out Swords direction. Unfortunately my mechanic I had used has actually emigrated. :(

Any idea's what the cost might be? I'd like to get it fully serviced as well at the same time as I was planning on doing this in Jan anyway. Any chance I'd get away with <€500 for both the service and new clutch?

The car will drive grand but defo need to get it done as couldn't sell it this way either so its a catch 22 situation.

Cheers.

I'd say you'd get the clutch done OP for 500 Euro, maybe a little more as the clutch kit for your car has a clutch concentric slave cylinder that costs around 80 Euro on top of the 2 piece clutch kit which I think retails for around 110 Euro-150 Euro. This normally pushes the price of the Focus clutch replacement up to the 500-600 Euro mark. I'd say if someone offered to do the two transactions for 600 Euro, they would be more than meeting you half way. That would be fitting the right quality parts for the clutch and basically just charging you for the parts for the service and absorbing the labour on that job...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Thanks guys. I'll do some ringing around and have actually been recommended a mechanic who's been mentioned in another thread so if I go with him and he's good and I'm happy with the results I'll post some comments.

Thanks for the rough guesstimate around the price though, its a little more than I was hoping for but it kinda has to be done, even if its probably more than the car's worth.... Gotta hang onto it for another 6 months at least I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Coldplayer

SK1979 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I'll do some ringing around and have actually been recommended a mechanic who's been mentioned in another thread so if I go with him and he's good and I'm happy with the results I'll post some comments.

Thanks for the rough guesstimate around the price though, its a little more than I was hoping for but it kinda has to be done, even if its probably more than the car's worth.... Gotta hang onto it for another 6 months at least I reckon.

Which mechanic is that?? I also have a FOCUS that is starting to give me grief

• Advertisement
Advertisement