Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZZR600: push button - "click"

Options
  • 09-12-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I have a strange issue with my 1990 Kawasaki ZZR600 'D'. Sometimes when I go to start it, I push the button and just hear a "click". I have to rock the bike back and forth a couple of times in gear, and then it will start.

I suspect I need a new starter, but wanted to get opinions before I start spending loads of cash on expensive parts.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

whoami1 wrote: »
    I have a strange issue with my 1990 Kawasaki ZZR600 'D'. Sometimes when I go to start it, I push the button and just hear a "click". I have to rock the bike back and forth a couple of times in gear, and then it will start.

I suspect I need a new starter, but wanted to get opinions before I start spending loads of cash on expensive parts.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a dodgy starter motor to me but make sure there are no rusty or loose conections to the battery or starter before paying out. A mechanic may be able to check the starter for power output.

Roadskill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yea I'd say check for a dodgy connection before paying for a new starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

rferg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I had the same problem, loose connection on the battery was causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Starter solenoid gone? And a screwdriver does the job well enough if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

I was gonna say relay cos of the click= but u rockin it and then it starts fine (lol) must be the battery terminals loose or connection sumwhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

might be the brushes in the starter are worn also sometimes they clog with waste carbon dust as well.
    if connetions arent the prob` then wip out the starter and strip it down clean it out and inspect the brushes.

Advertisement