Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania Symphony of The Night...

Options
  • 09-12-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to get a copy of this game for a while now. Its available on the PSN USA for DL for about a fiver but not on the Euro PSN.
    Does anyone know a good place to source a PSX game?
    All the ones on ebay are NTSC and amazon wont ship games outside of the UK... any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I created a US PSN account (there's details about this on the playstation forums), and got a mate in the states to buy me a prepaid PSN card(alternatively you can buy one on ebay I think) and mail me the code , I put the $20 on my account and bought it.you can have more than one PSN account on a PS3 and anything downloaded on one account is playable on any others on the machine.
    It's actually $9.99 by the way , bit pricier than most of the PSX games there.
    Its a pain in the arse that you have to go through all that to actually give sony money to buy a game but the EU shop is terrible compared to the US one....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's nothing stopping you getting it from the US store as mentioned. Just buy the codes from ebay. I get my japanese PSN codes this way. You'll get it cheaper there anyway since the PAL version of SotN is one of the rarest PAL games and will set you back a load of money if you can even find it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just keep your wits about you and wait til a PAL copy turns up.
    It is an expensive game though, so expect to pay a few bob for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you're smart about it you'll pick it up for a decent enough price.

It's not particularly rare. So don't jump on the first copy you see. It didn't have a high production run like Tomb Raider, Tekken or anything like that. Or go platinum. But either did many ps1 games. I would use the term uncommon instead.

The problem arises when you couple a lower print run game with a super high demand. It is meant to be one of the greatest games ever made. People start looking for silly money shouting 'UBER SUPER DUPER HYPER MEGAL RARE PAL RELEASE!'. When in fact it's not really. Just a lot of people want the game.

I picked up my copy complete from ebay Germany for 50 euro including postage. Which I thought was a very good price. It's worth scouting around some of the other PAL region ebays when looking for something like this.

Advertisement