Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shows in the new year

Options
  • 09-12-2009 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys I know it's a bit early but has any one got a list of shows in the new year? Specially around April time.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Rumble in Rush 3 is planned fopr march 20th.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

We are planning around May in Derry.

There are that many shows now its getting very tight to find a spot that does not clash with someone else.

Especially as some shows are trying to run 4 times a year.

I don't think we have the pool of fighters to fill them all and defo don't have the amount of Pro fighters that are needed.

Eneveitably it will go the route of amateur boxing where there will be small local shows with local fighters and one or 2 big ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I think we have passed saturation point as well, the effort required in dragging fighters into shows with so many vying for them is starting to outweigh value of running them IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

If more people or traditional clubs become involved in the scene there should be plenty of people to go around.

I can see that starting to happen but I think at the moment the number of shows out-weighs the clubs.

It's hard to know at the moment. But this might be a good thing for the standard as a whole in ireland becuase there is plenty of chances now to compete.

What can be an issue though is the different rules that exist at different shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I think we have passed saturation point as well, the effort required in dragging fighters into shows with so many vying for them is starting to outweigh value of running them IMO.

Well said.
    Too many shows...... too many shows....:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement