Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam-Time

Options
  • 09-12-2009 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

To all maturies/non-trads who are facing exams for the first time:

Best of luck and hope it's not too stressful!

I'm in the middle of 1st year exams and am shocked by how differently I will approach exams/college from now on.

Talk about a wake-up call!

Not gonna bitch about failing but feel free to come to this thread and chat about your exam experiences.

Go n-eiri an bóthar libh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

only two more exams to go. Wednesday and Thursday. most have been easy enough, there was one which was pretty nasty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Don't even talk to me about exams.... can't sleep, can't eat, can't focus and really regretting my slow burn start in terms of getting it together in semester 1...

Having said that my essays and in-semester stuff went ok so far, plus my first exam was passable at least. Semester 2 is gonna be a whole new ball game for me tho, none of this last minute study bllsht - my brain is numb from it :)

But if you want a rant then start me off about 'learning journals' - fcking sick to death of having to write bllsht about what I'm supposed to have learned, gained, misunderstood blah blah - yeah... fck off. What a boring and senseless waste of time. What annoys me most is that a journal is a personal opinion/reflection on x, y or z yet they dictate what you have to submit and basically force you into regurgitating what they told you.... !

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Had my first exam Wednesday - Anatomy spot exam. As one of the docs said to me afterwards, no book can prepare you for that exam. Most bizarre type of exam ever. I did get my results back and I did okay. Would of liked to have done better but apparently I did very well for that type of exam so I shouldn't complain. :)

I've only 2 exams this semester which is grand now but I think at the end of year with many I'll struggle with that. I intend to study over the Christmas break! I have to!

So, one down, one to go. Nervous of this one as its a practical so you never know what way it's going to go.

Best of luck to everyone, you will all do better than you think ! ! Us maturies tend to do that. :D

JayC5, I know learning journals seem like a chore to do but if you use them correctly they can actually help you with your study. And your entries should take just a few minutes every day. If you look back on your entries and see how you overcame a difficult topic, they do help you through other tough times. Having said that, I haven't written in mine the last two weeks. I must get back on the wagon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've 6 exams, i done the 4th today. Almost certain i failed the one yesterday :(

Last 2 are on tuesday (9am!) and wednesday so lots of studying will be done!

Advertisement