Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment websites

Options
  • 09-12-2009 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to locate financial investment for a new business I want to set up in Cork city? The business is the bar/club trade and the market is very much in need of a bar/club. This segmented market is above national average in terms of wage and most lead a very social lifestyle (I know because I am in that market and have done the research and investigative side and want to bring something to this market that is profitable for both sides).

I've found a website called www.irishinvestmentnetwork.ie and just wondering if anyone ever used it? What you think of it? Or if you know any other outlets to find some interest??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Daisy D wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to locate financial investment for a new business I want to set up in Cork city? The business is the bar/club trade and the market is very much in need of a bar/club. This segmented market is above national average in terms of wage and most lead a very social lifestyle (I know because I am in that market and have done the research and investigative side and want to bring something to this market that is profitable for both sides).

I've found a website called www.irishinvestmentnetwork.ie and just wondering if anyone ever used it? What you think of it? Or if you know any other outlets to find some interest??

Well you got to pay up front for a start which puts me off straight away. Im a bit cynical about this to be honest. Seems to be no contact details on the site and I wonder how genuine the posts on the site are.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fishy21

www.cmypitch.ie might be useful also. afaik it doesnt require a fee for people seeking investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fiscalstudent

generally the 2 above mentioned websites are for innovative new companies/products, unless you have a really unique business idea for this bar/club, I think it unlikely that you'll get investment from those sources. More traditional route (savings + family/friends/ business partner + credit union, bank etc) is prob your best option.

best o luck

Advertisement