Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has insurance prices gone up?

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Got my insurance renewal qoute today and it went up by 60euro from last year. With quinn direct. I thought insurances were meant to go down if you didn't make a claim?

Are they taking the piss now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Always shop around on your renewal.

heck the documents they gave you to ensure there isn't a mistake with any information or with your No Claims Discount.

In general though prices appear to have gone up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

In general, prices have gone up. More claims, insurers investements tanking due to the recession, general cost of underwriting going up due to flood damage, etc, etc, etc.

But Quinn aren't a cheap insurer for many classes of driver so definitely shop around.

Gone up by 15% on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My renewal went up by about €100, I shopped around and the cheapest I got was what the same as I paid the car before. I didn't even go back to my old insurance company to see if they could match it. My attitude is that they should have quoted me that price to begin with.

So shop around for the best price on comparitable policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Gee, I must be lucky, I got a 10% reduction.:D I paid it last Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭roosterman71

My quote went from €440 last year to €645 this year with onedirect. And I've 5+ no claims and all that jazz

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

lisajane wrote: »
    Got my insurance renewal qoute today and it went up by 60euro from last year. With quinn direct. I thought insurances were meant to go down if you didn't make a claim?

Are they taking the piss now?

The same thing happened to me when I was getting a renewal from quinn, what I did was go back onto quinns website and re-enter all your details and include all your NCB, the quote should be cheaper. Just purchase that policy and then when quinn look for proof of NCB, give them your old quinn policy number :D I ended up getting mine for about 3-400 cheaper

hope it helps :)

Advertisement