Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I over reacting??

Options
  • 08-12-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

hello all
    I'm just wondering am I over reacting here. I recently bought a heatpump and got a fitter to fit it for me. He gave me a price for materials of 390 yo yos and 800 for fitting it. He told me that it would take three days to fit.

Materials used...
    2 lenghts of copper maybe 10ft of 1" qualpex. A 25lt expansion vessel. A few pressure valves. About 5 or 6 of those red handled on off valves (sorry dont know what there called).
    Two 40mm on off valves for the ground collector and some lagging for the pipes and some insulating tape and all the fitting needed to fit these valves and whatever else here.
    He fitted the heatpump and it's working grand (thank god). It took just about 9 hours to fit the heatpump.

Am I right to pull him up on this pricing as I cant see 390 yoyos in the materials and I cant see 800 for 1 days work.

Thanks Ron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Those materials could easily be 390, depending on the quaility used. They could also be half that.

800 for a days pay is a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

Mellor wrote: »
    Those materials could easily be 390, depending on the quaility used. They could also be half that.

800 for a days pay is a bit steep.

How can I tell it's quality or not??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭onq

ronboy wrote: »
    <snip>

Am I right to pull him up on this pricing as I cant see 390 yoyos in the materials and I cant see 800 for 1 days work.

Thanks Ron

Nine straight hours is more than a day's work.

In the end it comes down to whether or not you accepted his quotation.

The fact he may have pulled out all the stops and blasted through the work in nine hours is neither here nor there.

ONQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭PJMCKE

Based on quotations I have recieved for entire systems to a house including laying the ufloor heating and hetpump and hot/cold water , it does seem steep on the labour side. If this was cash then I would definetly say it was expensive.
    pjmcke

• Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Your money and you are quite entitled to know how its being spent.

That price is away OTT but as stated if you were given a quotation first and accepted it then there may not be an awful lot you can do about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭SC024

In fairness, If you agreed to that price before he started work, well then it's to late now baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Warning to SCO42 - don't gravedig

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement