Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying starlet for less then €500

Options
  • 08-12-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Anyone selling a toyota starlet stock or not..?

also looking for set of wolfrace katana 15inch rims for it..? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Modified Motors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Do 17's even fit under the arches of a startlet?

Personally, I wouldn't go larger than 15's on one, any bigger, and you get into stupid territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭John deere 6920

Do 17's even fit under the arches of a startlet?

Personally, I wouldn't go larger than 15's on one, any bigger, and you get into stupid territory.
    Alright i see ur proably right only 15s wud fit.

Well, in theory, they might. I had 16's on my old 93 starlet when I got it, which came promptly off.

But you really are safer with 15's. Better looking, don't make it look like a tractor, better handling, need I go on?

Also, you probably won't get much of a starlet for €500, I take it its a 3 door you are looking for. Being kept artificially high by young fella's.

Well, in theory, they might. I had 16's on my old 93 starlet when I got it, which came promptly off.

But you really are safer with 15's. Better looking, don't make it look like a tractor, better handling, need I go on?

Also, you probably won't get much of a starlet for €500, I take it its a 3 door you are looking for. Being kept artificially high by young fella's.
    ya 3 door lol dont want a tractor car ..=P

• Advertisement

anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what colour were you thinking of?

black,white or wine colour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

You won't get much of one for 500, might get an irish Nct failure which you can work on yourself for that price. I would avoid the 1.0L unless it's mint!

mondeo wrote: »
    You won't get much of one for 500, might get an irish Nct failure which you can work on yourself for that price. I would avoid the 1.0L unless it's mint!
    ya i'd rather have a 1.3L and it could cost alot to get it to pass the nct.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1082783

450 with NCT until 2011

now for ya:P

sherdydan wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1082783

450 with NCT until 2011

now for ya:P
    lol she 1.3?

that's a 1.0

oh be great going up a hill in a 1.0L lol

Very capable little car. Mine used to be a 1.0XL (Extra light :D)

They go on the sniff of juice, and can reach the speed limit (eventually)

Very capable little car. Mine used to be a 1.0XL (Extra light :D)

They go on the sniff of juice, and can reach the speed limit (eventually)
    haha ya see take about half an hour to get to 60... then she be on the limiter staying at 60 like haha

it weighs feck all, most modern superminis are over 1100kg.
    Think a Starlet weighs 850kg.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    easy enough to turn over so >.> lol

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

+1

It's easy to underestimate how heavy cars have become in the past few decades. My father's '82 Kadett estate 1.3S weighed 890KG. A current mid range Astra saloon weighs 1300KG

Edit: It was only 860KG - not 890KG: linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Viejo Zorro

Was driving a 1.3 up until about 3 weeks ago. Was relieved of it for 700 with a full NCT. Absolutely hated the thing. Returned average 27mpg, and handled like a b**ch due to exceedingly soft suspension. A quick as fork lightening though, very responsive with regard to acceleration.
    Reliable car, but at the end of the day I wouldn't recommend one... Test the economy before you drive, otherwise it'll break your heart at the petrol pumps.

• Advertisement

Was driving a 1.3 up until about 3 weeks ago. Was relieved of it for 700 with a full NCT. Absolutely hated the thing. Returned average 27mpg, and handled like a b**ch due to exceedingly soft suspension. A quick as fork lightening though, very responsive with regard to acceleration.
    Reliable car, but at the end of the day I wouldn't recommend one... Test the economy before you drive, otherwise it'll break your heart at the petrol pumps.

Really? What year was it? Suprised at the dodgy suspension, any I've driven have been grand, uprated suspension or not.

I can't comment on your MPG, but I used to get close to 40 in mine, with with dopey wheels and a big "fancy" exhaust (I was young, it was cheap, what can I say.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

You were unfortunate then because the few I have driven have been excellent and a search on here will lead you to numerous affirmations of their reliability and durability.

My 1.3 gives 45 mpg and is a dream to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

oh be great going up a hill in a 1.0L lol

they are alot nippier then people let on, learn how use the tiny poke the yoke has and you'd be surprised....

namely the older models with the new glanza 1.3 non turbo 4-age.... nippy little wagons which have alot of go and wouldn't be pulled by gardi unlike you who seems to be aiming to ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

but if you have a BIG (ish) accident in one, you're dead.
    They are like a tin of beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

They are like a tin of beans.

:D An empty tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Cionád wrote: »
    :D An empty tin.

or like the 1 bean in your tin of beans that always sticks to the bottom no matter how much to tap it so you end up getting a fork or knife just to get the last one out....

Ive Way too much time on my hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Pdfile wrote: »
    or like the 1 bean in your tin of beans that always sticks to the bottom no matter how much to tap it so you end up getting a fork or knife just to get the last one out....

Ive Way too much time on my hands.

Indeed:confused:

Advertisement