Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you think Dexter will end ?

Options
  • 08-12-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

As the title says ?

how many more seasons planned ? I guess at least another 2 ...

you think he'll keep getting away with it ? -- or you reckon it could end
    him being on death row.... that would actually be a good way to end it ... but Americans don't like the 'hero' getting it ... so i think he'll get away with it ... probably end as it began ... him being single ... doing what he does ... can't see it lasting with that pain in the ass Rita...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Him getting caught wouldn't be very interesting, I'd say that somebody will go after his family, and as revenge he will go to hunt them down, in the process he get's caught and put on the surgeons table like all of his victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

The thing I found that's missing from the other series that was so great in series 1, was the fact that you didn't know who the ice truck killer was. He was an unknown. He played with dexter, and there was always the chance he could turn Dexter in, instead of playing with him.

Finding out who it was, was the fun part. Now, who killed lundy is the best we have to go on. Just not as good.

So yeah, another series with someone who isn't revealed till the last 3 episodes or so, and plays with dexter, would be great.

Seeing dexter impressed by someone again, the way he was in series 1, would also be great. Now he looks at his sidekicks, or targets, as people who can give him inspiration, or help him grow. Or to have someone to connect with.

Screw that, just give him someone who's better than him. Make it a test of his survival ability rather than his "Do it, and keep getting away with it" routine.

Really make it about hunting him and his family down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'd love to see a series where at the beginning a dump site is found in the everglades of dozens of bodies - all random people who have gone missing over the last 15 years - maybe 3 a year. Big investigation with Dexter intrigued as to who this mystery killer is.

Then it starts to be revealed that Deb is a killer just like her half-bother ( we learn that Harry is dexter's real dad) but she had no schooling in the code with Harry as no one was aware of her urges. As a result she just kills without reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Then it starts to be revealed that Deb is a killer just like her half-bother ( we learn that Harry is dexter's real dad) but she had no schooling in the code with Harry as no one was aware of her urges. As a result she just kills without reason.

Seriously? That's a bit absurd! (And again, Dexter's real Dad was revealed to have been killed by the Ice Truck Killer in season one.)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Agreed it's a bit tounge in cheek.

I think the Ice truck Killer may have killed his dad but not necessarily Dexter's

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Agreed it's a bit tounge in cheek.

I think the Ice truck Killer may have killed his dad but not necessarily Dexter's

No, it was definitely Dexter's dad - remember the blood transfusion and the Thank You card that Dex wrote, which he subsequently found in Joe Driscoll's house, plus his childhood memory of Driscoll's tatoo, PLUS the fact that they both shared the same rare blood type. Joe Driscoll was without question Dexter's and Brian's dad, just as Laura Moser was their mum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

The main thing is that the end should not be like the sopranos.

I think either it will be some kind of a shootout/blaze of glory act of self sacrifice, or, an anti-climactic 'mends his ways' kind of deal. He could also adopt a kid :)

Clyde Phillips claimed in a recent interview that he doesn't know yet if there will be a sixth season. He said he felt Dexter couldn't do very many seasons because ultimately the show would get repititive. He also claimed the writers haven't begun to think about the story for season five yet! But I doubt that very much. I think season five will be the last one, and I think Dexter will get caught, or killed, possibly in an unexpected way. Quinn might have something do with it in season five, because Phillips explicitly stated that his character was brought in as a replacement for Doakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

It's clear to my eyes that Quinn is going after Dexter next year, he'l possibly go looking for Lyla, look into Doakes death etc. Pressure on Dexter by Quinn could lead him to slip up if Dexter is also worrying about a new Nemisis in the killing stakes. How they will top 'Trinity' I don't know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Trinity to be alive for next season too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

Hardrain wrote: »
    It's clear to my eyes that Quinn is going after Dexter next year, he'l possibly go looking for Lyla, look into Doakes death etc. Pressure on Dexter by Quinn could lead him to slip up if Dexter is also worrying about a new Nemisis in the killing stakes. How they will top 'Trinity' I don't know.

Remind me again, who is Lyla ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

FedEx wrote: »
    Remind me again, who is Lyla ?

His english mistress/extra curricular love interest in season 2
    that he eventually ends up killing in an apartment in Paris at the very end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

deb finds out dexter
    le guerta and angel get in trouble for their funny business
    dexter gets into some sort of trouble with the law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I think Captain Tom Matthews will have something got to do with it. He already know's who Dexter is and that he was adopted. They might elaborate more on this story in season 5 as they just scratched the ice berg in the finale. Deb might also get invloved, and be the one to piece it all together.....

Will Deb take down her step-brother ????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Guys, something has been bugging the life out of me, and I haven't been able to resolve it using Google.

I could have sworn that we found out along the way that Dexter is Debra's half-sister, because Harry was sleeping with Laura Moser and was actually Dexter's biological father. When reading other forums it only dawned on me that in S01E09 Dexter's biological father Joe Driscoll was killed by the Ice Truck Killer.

So did I imagine this? Or was it perhaps a plot in the books?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Guys, something has been bugging the life out of me, and I haven't been able to resolve it using Google.

I could have sworn that we found out along the way that Dexter is Debra's half-sister, because Harry was sleeping with Laura Moser and was actually Dexter's biological father. When reading other forums it only dawned on me that in S01E09 Dexter's biological father Joe Driscoll was killed by the Ice Truck Killer.

So did I imagine this? Or was it perhaps a plot in the books?

Laura Moser is Dexter's biological mother, not father. the ice truck killer is Dexter's brother (Brian Moser) Harry is Dexter's step-parent, as when Dexter's mother was found dead, Harry took Dexter, and left Brian as he was too emotionally damaged.

In Season 1, Episode 9, Dexter learns that his biological father Joe Driscoll has passed away. He takes a blood sample from him and has Masuka run a paternity test comparing it to his own. The paternity test proves that Joe Driscoll is Dexter's biological father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Kevin! wrote: »
    Laura Moser is Dexter's biological mother, not father. the ice truck killer is Dexter's brother (Brian Moser) Harry is Dexter's step-parent, as when Dexter's mother was found dead, Harry took Dexter, and left Brian as he was too emotionally damaged.

In Season 1, Episode 9, Dexter learns that his biological father Joe Driscoll has passed away. He takes a blood sample from him and has Masuka run a paternity test comparing it to his own. The paternity test proves that Joe Driscoll is Dexter's biological father.

Necronomicon said that Moser was his mother, not father.

But yeah, Harry met Moser a good while after the two kids were born so is not biologically related to any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Dexter will kill everyone and him and harry will end the last episode just talking and then Journey will play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

I think the final scene will be Dexter dying by his own ritual. Lying on the killing table, wrapped in celophane with pictures of all his victims on the wall, or mabey his slides hanging with string from the ceiling. A big riotous dialouge with whoever his killer is, and then the series ends as the knife goes in. A fitting conclusion.

Advertisement