Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighters Needed 27th feb Wexford

Options
  • 08-12-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Guys

Im running a cage show in whites hotel wexford on the 27th feb.I Know its early but Id lke to sort out match ups as early as possible to give plenty of notice. This is a list of Fighters that need to be matched if you have any other fighters apart from these match ups please let me know.

Paul Donoughue 70kg c class 0-3
    Adam Slowinski 73-77kg a class 5-5
    Myles Price 73kg-77kg a class 7-1
    Ray Dowd 80kg catchweight 2-7
    Richard Gorey 73-77kg a class 3-0
    Ian oneill 60kg c class debut
    Mick Brennen 69kg debut

Thanks
    Myles Price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 subvictory

Has Richard Gorey not just pulled out from a fight at the last minute? Hope this doesn't happen to his next opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mylo Price

Myself and Richard had too pull out of the fight before christmas this weekend, it was extremly unfortunate that we did and I hate having to pull any of my guys out especially myself. 99 percent of the time my fighters are ther and ready to fight, I had to pull myself out due to a fractured hand after fighting in ultimate conflict v, which I admit was a bad mistake accepting a fight 2 weeks after but one I will learn from. Richard came down with the swine flu(which he had while fighting in uc v but only got bad two days after). Its was a disaster and am very sorry to the promoter but these things happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Richie_Gorey

Just to defend myself a little bit.
    I was poorly the whole week before UC V and still fought a very tough guy because i didn't want to let fans or organisers down.
    I then went to the doctors on the following tuesday and on wednesday i was diagnosed with the swine flu and i immediately told my coach, giving 10 days notice.
    So in my defence i think i gave as much notice as i could of. And I hope Barry and Chris or any other promoter, trainer, fighter or fan don't lose respect for me as i am dedicated and i will never pull out of a fight from lack of preperation or lack of desire to perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

People get sick, its frustrating for promoters of course but this **** happens and nothing can be done about it. Your a decent fella Richie and a great prospect too boot.

Not having a go at Myles but fighters I think should not take fights for at least 1 month before another one that they have confirmed. (and yes we have made that mistake ourselves)

Plus I think fighters should ease off in sparring about 2 weeks before a show, at this point you should have been prepared and face going into a fight with injury because you were too hyped up and going too hard.

We advise our guys not to train at all the week of a fight. Your body need the recovery. All you should be doing is cutting off whatever is needed to make weight.

IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

You are a credit to yourself and your gym Richie, and I would have no trouble booking you on another of my shows. Its easy to take shots at folk from internet obscurity after all.

I agree with Jason and his recommendations for fighters, I think he is on the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

You are a credit to yourself and your gym Richie, and I would have no trouble booking you on another of my shows. Its easy to take shots at folk from internet obscurity after all.

I agree with Jason and his recommendations for fighters, I think he is on the money.
    + 1

Guys pulling out on short notice is obviously very frustrating (on one TW show I think I had about 3 different guys pull out on me!) but if they have valid reasons then they have valid reasons and there's no point getting thick with people over it, or taking cheap shots on them on this forum or elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thebandit01

myles price (7-1) who was the 1 you lost to lol oj ... do u need a ref

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

do u need a ref

Do you know any good ones?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NGArklow

Hi my name is Charles Fleming i am the instructor in Next Generation Arklow. I have two lads here that would like to participate in the Cage fight in February in Wexford. Richie Ivory (2-1) A or B Class at 62kg and Dean Barry (debut) B Class at 82kg. Let me know if you could match them with any figthers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Quick one on the lads from Kilkenny, I think it was unwise to book themselves in fights so close together, but I don't suspect that this is anything other than a stroke of bad luck.

There are others however...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

its really unfortunate, I know Joe was really looking forward to fighting and was working really hard in training, to break his thumb a week before was a nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

wingnut4 wrote: »
    its really unfortunate, I know Joe was really looking forward to fighting and was working really hard in training, to break his thumb a week before was a nightmare!
    These things happen. One of our guys jumped out of the ring after doing some light grappling last night, stood on a stray pad and turned his ankle! He'll be fine but it was a close shave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 13bmoe

Hi Myles,

Just wondering what C class fights are available and i which weights??

Thank you..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thebandit01

Do you know any good ones?:rolleyes:

I was goin to put marty walkers name forward but don't think I will now. Aiden marron should b home

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I was goin to put marty walkers name forward but don't think I will now. Aiden marron should b home

LOL thanks mate!

Advertisement