Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog question

Options
  • 08-12-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

my 10 month old retriever x is shedding her hair very badly at the moment is she loosing her puppy coat ???? is there such a thing as a puppy coat :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

she's probably shedding her summer coat for the winter - our GS is about half way through this process - the seasons are all messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes most likely she is losing both her puppy coat and getting her winter coat now too. good luck with that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 paulbhoy

im hoovering the house twice a day its a disaster at the minute how long does this go on for ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

get a furminator of ebay for about £15 (rather than the €70 in the shop i go to)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

definitley get the furminator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

paulbhoy wrote: »
    im hoovering the house twice a day its a disaster at the minute how long does this go on for ????

Depends on the dog - sometimes a week but usually a few, generally 3ish! A furminator is a must for you because you have a double coat, long hair dog. Also, invest in a good "shedding" comb/brush - worth their weight in gold! The only advice I can give is brush brush brush! And I really hope you own a good hoover :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

Furminators are fantastic and also look at your dogs diet, the better the diet the less shedding ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Looks like it, I got one off eBay recently and it was a real one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Cool, i'll order it now so.

Bella's only 5 1/2 months now, I assume its ok to use it on her now? i'll only brush her lightly to get her used to it, as she's not really shedding too much yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There's instructions on the back of it - I don't know that I'd use it just yet, because you have to wait for her puppy fur to grow out a little but check anyway.

Advertisement