Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kittens losing his fur

Options
  • 08-12-2009 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,i took in a stray kitten about 4 weeks ago.
    Hes started to lose his fur around the neck area,i thought it was fleas so
    bought drops that you put on his neck,but its still happening.It feels quite lumpy.Ive never had a cat before so just wondering if anyone has any advice.Im out of work at the minute so cant really afford to pay vet fees,any ideas anyone???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Personally I don't know what it might be -- but even ring the vet and ask them? Only the cost of a phone call and they might have better insight. Also there are some places like Blue Cross etc that do reduced rates for people out of work (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kahruba

Thanks,ive just rang the blue cross,just waiting on them to get back on to me!!hopefully its nothing serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Some kind of dermatitis maybe? Hopefully not as it's a condition that's hard to diagnose.
    My old cat had something similar and the vet called it atopic dermatitis. We never did find out what caused it but it was worse in summer and we had to get him a steroid injection every 6 weeks. If you're anywhere near Inchicore http://www.stfrancis.ie/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kahruba

Aww,thank you so much for that link toulouse!ive been ringing the blue cross all day and left my number twice and no one got back to me.
    Im going to bring him down to st.francis in the morning.Hopefully its nothing serious,i googled his symptoms today and came up with everything from the mange to cancer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

No problem, let us know how he gets on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement