Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Matte color cars

Options
  • 08-12-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Looks like the matte color is the next cool thing as tons of supercars(mainly in some oil rich country) have received the vinyl treatment.

Here's one exotic wrapped in matte red vinyl:

Matte-red-Porsche-Carrera-GT-4-650x433.jpg

more pics here of this carrera gt

I think this one looks pretty good. I think the black matte is getting old already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Matte paint just makes it look like a big plastic toy car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

donmeister wrote: »
    Matte paint just makes it look like a big plastic toy car.

no no, plastic would be more shiny :)

you could use Matt black as a chalk board :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

When I was down in Monaco a few weeks ago I saw a Cayenne in matte finish. It's a car I don't particularly like, but it did look very cool. Kinda sinister... It had dark alloys too, which finished the look very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Only works in black and then it's looks like a stealth fighter jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As the owner of mtt coloured car my advise is:

Don't even think about it. Matt paint is a massive pain in the behind. It attracts and keeps dirt like a magnet, it shows every single little scratch (even from a fingernail), it is impossible to clean as greasy dirt just smears on it and it fades quite fast and irregular, looking blotchy.

Matt vinyl or matt paint covered in clear laquer will probaly work, but matt paint on its own is a no-no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

Magnus wrote: »
    Only works in black and then it's looks like a stealth fighter jet.

you mean something like this.

though Id prefer the red one. there are too many black ones. There were yellow matte Ferrari pics somewhere, which looked very good also, but cant find em.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Moses7 wrote: »
    Looks like the matte color is the next cool thing.

It's been "the cool thing" for the last 2-3 years. Shiny chrome and gold wraps are where it's at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    It's been "the cool thing" for the last 2-3 years. Shiny chrome and gold wraps are where it's at now.

actually chromed cars in Dubai where before than the vinyl wrapping came. Now the vinyl wrapping also has golden and chrome colors, so it is not actually chromed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Pswh forget vinyl this is where it is at now

bmw_gina_07_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just leave any red car in the sun for 10 years and you'll get a gradual matte effect.

Different =/= Good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

flat_black_003.jpg

Love this!:D

Best looking matte car i've "seen" to date:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just saw a link to this one....

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1265821.htm

Just NO.

1265821-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

So I was about 15 years ahead of fashion by painting the wheel arches and sills of my Starlet with:
    648820.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

peasant wrote: »
    Matt vinyl or matt paint covered in clear laquer will probaly work, but matt paint on its own is a no-no.

Just use normal paint, with Matt lacquer. Problem sorted.

Advertisement