Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sorento Jeep

Options
  • 08-12-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

Has anyone got any experience of a 04/05 2.5l Diesel Sorento? I am looking at buying one at the moment and I am wondering what are they like reliability wise etc.

Any comments would be well appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I know of a '05 parked up (for almost a year now) with gearbox/Flywheel issues. The owner just got sick of getting it repaired....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

ianobrien wrote: »
    I know of a '05 parked up (for almost a year now) with gearbox/Flywheel issues. The owner just got sick of getting it repaired....

Wonder if it's the same one? Boss of one of our customers has a Sorento that's been having gearbox issues for a while now.

We've also had one parked up in Galway for the past 3 weeks or so waiting on a new driveshaft. Can't source the part any quicker.

They may be 2 (or 3) isolated incidents as I wouldn't have them down as being unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

A large civ. eng. company we work for traded a fleet of 05 Landcruisers for Sorentos and they've been utterly reliable:D

Advertisement