Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

euro to sterling 1 to 1

Options
  • 08-12-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

just a quick question.. Recently seen on the news jack and jones giving the euro and sterling at 1 to 1 rate.. Is there any other shops doing this and also what is lisburn like for clothes shops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Loads are doing it but it's normally shops selling $hite that nobody wants that offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Loads are doing it but it's normally shops selling $hite that nobody wants that offer it.

Just back from Belfast and a lot of shops in Belfast's Victoria Square shopping centre offering £=€, including Tommy Hillfigger, Clockwork Orange, Jack and Jones and others.

Also many of the shops in The Outlet - the outlet centre just off the M1 at Banbridge are offering the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dar2100

I presume i would be better off going to newry than enniskillen for more variety and more euro pound 1 =1 offers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Heatons enniskillen doin 1 for 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

The jack & jones offer is abit of a farce! Look at the price tag in any of the jack & jones shops down here and the euro price already matchs the sterling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭retenzo12

EIREAL in J & J in Dublin at the weekend and this was not the case a £30 shirt selling for 50 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Heatons in The Spires Retail Park, Armagh doing Euro for Pound http://uk.maps.yahoo.com/broadband/?ard=1&q1=4%20Moy%20Road%20The%20Spires%20Retail%20Park%20Armagh%20BT61%208DR#mvt=m&lat=54.355257&lon=-6.657541&zoom=14&q1=4%20Moy%20Road%20The%20Spires%20Retail%20Park%20Armagh%20BT61%208DR. Pay with Euro, get Sterling change and there is a Toymaster and Argos in the same retail park you can use your Sterling in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Peter wrote: »
    Heatons enniskillen doin 1 for 1

+1

Even one of the items I bought was cheaper at the till than on the sticker... happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

think asda in enniskillen were doing one for one too... not 100% been a couple of weeks since i was there....!:o

superdrug might have been too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

As regards jack and jones, i know the one in monaghan shopping centre is doing 20% off everything, if you look at alot of the price tags the euro and sterling price's are nearly the same on most items, infact ive seen it higher in sterling than euro once or twice. I know that last year when the jack jones shop in the quays newry did the whole pound for euro thing they didnt use the advised sterling price on the tag but instead stuck their own price sticker on it, and they were giving ten percent discount for sterling customers. Just be aware of these things

• Advertisement
Advertisement