Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 8520

Options
  • 08-12-2009 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could help me, My Boss is looking to get a Blackberry 8520! Just wondering what there like? Has anyone got any info on weather there good or bad from person experience?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have one and find it brilliant (well for a BB) :D I had a Storm before it and had nothing but problems - locking up/screen unresponsive/battery etc etc. The 8250 is nice and light compared to the Storm and also faster than the Pearls and Storms and older Curves we've got in work. The keyboard is easy to use - it's a full keyboard compared to that stupid Pearl one where they double up, the scrollpad thing is better than the pearl/scroller ball imo because loads of our BB's have had it break/jam and have had to have the handset replaced. Is there anything in particular you want to know about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Noodles23

tk123 wrote: »
    I have one and find it brilliant (well for a BB) :D I had a Storm before it and had nothing but problems - locking up/screen unresponsive/battery etc etc. The 8250 is nice and light compared to the Storm and also faster than the Pearls and Storms and older Curves we've got in work. The keyboard is easy to use - it's a full keyboard compared to that stupid Pearl one where they double up, the scrollpad thing is better than the pearl/scroller ball imo because loads of our BB's have had it break/jam and have had to have the handset replaced. Is there anything in particular you want to know about them?

Thanks very much, My manager is not a computer person at all, in fact would rather sit at a different desk with no computer, He is coming from a basic phone and i worry this will be too much for him, Is the phone user friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I find it easy enough but I'm in IT and in charge of the BB server :) - some of our non-techy users have BBs and get on fine with them. There's a bit of a learning curve but you can hit the menu key and get help on pretty much everything you do on the phone so he should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I have one. takes a few days when coming from an ordinary fone to get used to it. I would even go as far to say forget most things you know about fones and start again. Once you get the hang of it and the keyboard.....well I cant see me ever going back to a 'normal' fone. Its a really nice fone both to hold and to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I heard theres no 3g on this phone, can you still use BBM if your not in a wi fi area? Does bbm require 3g?

I was also wondering whether anyone uses iskoot for skypeout calls? Does it cost anything other than the skype subscription or skype credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

Bb messenger will work perfect with edge as well.

Advertisement