Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to pick up some retro consoles in London?

Options
  • 08-12-2009 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I'm heading over to London sometime soon and I'm trying to find some places where I may be able to pick up some consoles and games. I know this may not be the best place to put this, but I've been looking for a fairly active Uk based general forum and haven't found one.If you know of a good UK forum where I can find this out then please point me in the right direction. I've tried boards.org.uk but it's not very active.

I know car boots and such are the best places to get these kind of things but maybe someone here knows some good spots? Any car boots or markets that tend to have a lot of retro stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

When I'm there I go to a place called Gamefocus on Goodge St (off Tottenham Court Rd, near Oxford St.). It's not bad, very good selection but pricy when compared to ebay. Have always picked up something when I've been in though

There's also a couple of stores nearby by the name of CEX, didn't find much of interest there though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

ghostchant wrote: »
    When I'm there I go to a place called Gamefocus on Goodge St (off Tottenham Court Rd, near Oxford St.). It's not bad, very good selection but pricy when compared to ebay. Have always picked up something when I've been in though

There's also a couple of stores nearby by the name of CEX, didn't find much of interest there though

I'll be sure to take a look there, thanks.

Any other places guys? Even if someone could point me to a retro gaming site with a big English community that would be helpful. Anything would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

http://www.retrogamer.net/

The site for RetroGamer magazine. I don't use it but it has a a forum with a fairly healthy population as far as I know. If not, they might be able to point you towards somewhere more useful anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Thanks again.

Seems like Gamefocus is the only real place to pick up some retro stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

GameFocus has a wide selection of games, but, as ghostchant mentioned, the prices are inflated.

CEX stores in Harrow and Camden have a good selection of games from last-gen. Harrow has a good selection of Gamecube and Xbox games and Camden has a very good selection of PS2 games - I found Grandia 2 in there, but didn't buy it and it's now gone (!). The CEX store on Tottenham Court Road (near GameFocus) is poor for retro games (or at least, I didn't look hard enough). There are a few more CEX stores dotted around the capital (there is another near GameFocus, too, but I haven't been there). I'm heading to the Stratford store soon. I'll post if it's worth a shout.

You can check their site for stock and which stores have what:

http://www.cex.co.uk/

I'm not entirely sure how reliable the information on there is, though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement