Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moby

Options
  • 08-12-2009 12:20pm

Was channel surfing last night and settled on a hour long review of Moby on Flaunt - a much better effort than the usual electro crap they stick on.

Had forgotten that, many years back, he actually had some pretty good techno tunes like 'Go' and 'Move' - albeit on the commercial poppy side. And then he found there was a load of music to be made in harmless elevator music and started churning out pap. You'd almost forget that some of these acts once did stuff that wasn't bad at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Up until he made the album of Car ads and lady music ( sorry ladies ;) ) Moby was excellent. Move, Feel so real, Go...all top tracks of yesteryear. I always remember seeing a video of him playing Feel so real live and he played something like 15 instruments during it. Mental but seriously impressive, even if a bit show-offy.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

He made some great stuff alright.

My personal favourite Moby song is C3 Bells, he actually never released it, which is a bit of a shame, cant find a proper link to it either.

This is my 2nd favourite.

Next is the e

Had forgotten Next is the E. That was good alright.

Now that he is the housewives favourite, and only marginally edgier than Enya, does he ever get tempted to churn out this stuff at full blast?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

that version of next is the e posted is his best tune by a mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

Check out

&

some other good early Moby tracks, before he went sh*te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You'd recognize this from the film Any Given Sunday
    Strangley I've never seen this song on any on his albums :confused:
    I'm sure it's there somewhere, not on itunes and they have several albums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Had forgotten Next is the E. That was good alright.

Now that he is the housewives favourite, and only marginally edgier than Enya, does he ever get tempted to churn out this stuff at full blast?
    And what do you regard as 'edgy'?

I wonder have you even listened to his new album?

Timans wrote: »
    And what do you regard as 'edgy'?

I wonder have you even listened to his new album?

To be honest, I haven't. I kinda steer clear of an act that can be filed under the 'post rock' or 'alt rock' bracket. I did hear that 'Shot in the Back of the Head' dirge, and I wouldn't buy an album with that noise on it for fear I'd hear it by accident...are the other tracks all far better?

As for edgy, you spot the difference...

Recent Moby boring tripe...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7zQlsLgYhg

20 years ago jump around the room Moby...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB6kq9eEjYs

Advertisement