Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't take BT/Vodafone anymore. Any DSL recommendation on SwiftCall, Smart & Eircom

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello,

After 3 months of BT/Vodafone issues I can't talk it anymore. My service stopped completely in the last week when I tried to upgrade to 3MB off peak package.

Can anyone recommend or help me avoid one of...
    Eircom - 3Mb (broadband + eircom talktime chatter) for €52
    Swiftcall - Love2Talk & Surf for €50
    Imagine - 3Mb Anytime for €50
    Smart - Complete for €42

Thanks,
    JP

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jpogorman wrote: »
    Hello,

After 3 months of BT/Vodafone issues I can't talk it anymore. My service stopped completely in the last week when I tried to upgrade to 3MB off peak package.

Can anyone recommend or help me avoid one of...
    Eircom - 3Mb (broadband + eircom talktime chatter) for €52
    Swiftcall - Love2Talk & Surf for €50
    Imagine - 3Mb Anytime for €50
    Smart - Complete for €42

Thanks,
    JP

Aside from my usual complaint about their inflicting a cap contrary to their contracts and advertising, Smart are still preferable by far to the other options there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jpogorman

The Smart price appears to be good. They haven't responded to an email query of mine which doesn't fill me with confidence. I stopped following them after all the chaos the company went through and am still trying to figure out if they provide a full server to north Cork (025 area code). The website suggests they do.

I like the way they provide an option to get a static ip address. I will not be getting one at the moment but the option is nice to have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jpogorman wrote: »
    The Smart price appears to be good. They haven't responded to an email query of mine which doesn't fill me with confidence. I stopped following them after all the chaos the company went through and am still trying to figure out if they provide a full server to north Cork (025 area code). The website suggests they do.

I like the way they provide an option to get a static ip address. I will not be getting one at the moment but the option is nice to have.

Their email support is crap, so talk to their admins direct

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jpogorman

Spear wrote: »
    Their email support is crap, so talk to their admins direct

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

I signed up for Smart. Will let you know how process goes. Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement