Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Flat Rate Business Tarrifs

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but here goes anyway. I am currently in negotations with Vodafone about our company mobile phone contract where we are discussing rates etc. They have proposed a new Wireless Office option to me where they offer a flat rate tarrif for each user for unlimited calls. Then there is an addon for unlimited texts, data etc.

My question is, how is this beneficial to Vodafone? I am currently looking at savings in the thousands should I move all our users over to these flat rate tarrifs and am wondering how they can afford to offer this kind of service? Are there hidden catches? How are they making money from this if say someones bill goes from €200 per month to €30 or €40 on a flat rate tarrif?

The reason I have posted in here is I am looking for neutral views rather than the polished Vodafone sales man lines. Is there something I am missing?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Rgds

Paul.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Moved from Nets & Comms, you'll probably more replies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

rmacm wrote: »
    Moved from Nets & Comms, you'll probably more replies here.

Super, thanks a mill. Didn't spot this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

what exactly are they proposing to cover in the unlimited calls and txts offer and at what price do you mind me asking.

Generally with the open office you can make unlimited calls between any of the phones and landlines that are associated with the open office however you still have to pay for calls to any other number.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts_bus/business350/wirelessofficecontrol/

that is similar to the offer being proposed. from what i understand its unlimited calls to anyone, not just company to company calls.

Rgds

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Without seeing a breakdown of what your currently spending it's very hard to see the savings you could make.

What would help is?
    What's your total amount of minutes, text & data used ever month and how many handsets does the company have?

• Advertisement

Without seeing a breakdown of what your currently spending it's very hard to see the savings you could make.

What would help is?
    What's your total amount of minutes, text & data used ever month and how many handsets does the company have?

Hi there,

No I know I am going to get a large saving, a very large one. I've done all the calculations. I'm just curious as to how they can offer a tarrif for a flat fee and reduce the bill by so much. Is there something that I am missing?

I really hope not as its going to do wonders for us and impress the bosses!

Rgds

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but here goes anyway. I am currently in negotations with Vodafone about our company mobile phone contract where we are discussing rates etc. They have proposed a new Wireless Office option to me where they offer a flat rate tarrif for each user for unlimited calls. Then there is an addon for unlimited texts, data etc.

My question is, how is this beneficial to Vodafone? I am currently looking at savings in the thousands should I move all our users over to these flat rate tarrifs and am wondering how they can afford to offer this kind of service? Are there hidden catches? How are they making money from this if say someones bill goes from €200 per month to €30 or €40 on a flat rate tarrif?

The reason I have posted in here is I am looking for neutral views rather than the polished Vodafone sales man lines. Is there something I am missing?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Rgds

Paul.

You're talking about Wireless Office Control. You pay a fixed monthly rental of €150 - €250 plus €25 - €45 per handset per month. They're making money from the fixed rental plus the hansdset charge plus the termination fee when someone else calls one of the company mobiles, plus calls to non irish geographic numbers (11850, 18xx, 155X, iinternational, etc).

I bet if you look at some of the current €200 bills there are loads of calls there that won't be covered in the new inclusive tarrif (directory enquiries, international, premium text, 18XX, etc)

All the networks are very keen to get business so you should shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

alright so it goes like this...
    Vodafone charge you €250 for the Wireless Office Control, you pay €25 for unlimited calls(10,000 mins) per user. They make their money through the monthly fee, 1850 numbers 11811 numbers as do every other company. They are also making their money through the high tariff charges that they charge others such as Perfect Choice 200. They charge €49 for this where as Meteor charge about €25. They're making their money from other people and want to retain you as you are worth a good bit of money to them... Thats the way I see it anyway, correct me if I'm wrong people...

Advertisement