Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car documents missing for NCT

Options
  • 08-12-2009 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads.
    Nct is due in mid January and was going to book online. So I go and have a look for the reg book/cert/licensing cert and can find neither. (Moved house last year and still finding stuff)

Should I get onto the dealer who sold me the car?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

From citizens infromation: here

Replacing lost/misplaced documents

It is possible to obtain replacement documents associated with changes to vehicle ownership. List of documents and the cost of their replacement is as follows;
    Document Replacement cost Registration book €12 Vehicle licensing certificate €12 Tax disc €6 To obtain replacement documents, download and complete form RF134 (pdf) and have this form witnessed by a member of the Garda Siochana at a Garda station. Forward your completed form with the appropriate fee to your Motor Tax Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Thank you very much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

i recently NCT'd my car, UK import, first nct, and I didn't bring any doc's with me. Just went to the hatch, gave name and car reg, confirmed it was a diesel and that was it. I wasn't asked, and I didn't produce any docs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I wasn't asked to produce anything last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

EPM wrote: »
    I wasn't asked to produce anything last week

Same as, I could have just robbed the car and they wouldn't have known :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Same as, I could have just robbed the car and they wouldn't have known :rolleyes:
    to be fair, robbing a car and then putting in through the NCT, paying 50e for it too, is not the kind of behavior I expect from car thieves!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Bogger77 wrote: »
    to be fair, robbing a car and then putting in through the NCT, paying 50e for it too, is not the kind of behavior I expect from car thieves!

Maybe they wanted it to ensure it was road worthy for a Bank Job? Thieves have their standards too you know. :pac:

Advertisement