Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a rotary BT phone to ring out here.

Options
  • 08-12-2009 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,
    I bought a BT 746 rotary dial phone as a Christmas gift for someone. I also bought a "BT socket to RJ11 plug" for it. Unfortunately, although I can make calls from the phone it won't ring out when I call it. Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

AFAIK you will have to cut of the BT plug and re terminate it to an RJ11 moving the inner two cables to the outside and movining the outer two into the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LeSageMignon

Thanks very much :)

May I ask; would that definitely work with an old BT phone? I might still have the option of returning the phone so don't want to go messing with it if it's not applicable to old pulse-dialling phones. But if it definitely sorts out the issue I'll give it a go. Is there anyone out there who has successfully done this?

I've just read some old threads on a similar topic
    :
    Solair seems to know a fair bit about this issue.
    Would I be okay just buying an RJ11 plug to BT socket adatpor with ring capacitor? Or do I still need to reverse wires?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LeSageMignon

I plugged the phone into the main socket using a regular BT to RJ11 adaptor and it works. I may attempt to rewire the extension socket now ......

Advertisement