Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fixing a Wing Mirror

Options
  • 07-12-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, my left hand wing mirror was banged, don't know how as it was parked on the path but it may have been kids or something. I just came back from a trip today and discovered it. As I have just passed the driving test I need to fix it asap as really rely on my wing mirrors as I should always anyhow :)....the plastic casing wing and mirror is intact, it is just hanging off the link to the car by elasticy spring metal (sorry explaining this terrible!!) ....does anyone know how much it would cost to fix that ie, the connection of the wing mirror to the car - and can any local mechanic do that? Thanks M

PS: Also is it illegal to drive the car without a proper functioning wing mirror?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

And your car is.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MyaP

And your car is.....?
    Sorry it is a 99 Ford Fiesta - plastic wing mirrors..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Try a couple breakers yards around wherever you live, most of them have Fiestas, if not try www.traynors.co.uk or www.micksgarage.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

MyaP wrote: »
    Hi, my left hand wing mirror was banged, don't know how as it was parked on the path but it may have been kids or something.

Or somebody trying to get by with a buggy or wheelchair. OT I know but the number of cars I see parked up blocking footpaths lately around my way is shocking. Only my love of cars stops me from kicking off a few wing mirrors some days. It's a PITA walking the young lad over to school with the baby in the buggy and having to bring them both out onto the road because of these inconsiderate d1cks.

/End rant. (not directed at the OP 'cos I've no idea where or how she parks but she did say the car was on the path).

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MyaP

milltown wrote: »
    Or somebody trying to get by with a buggy or wheelchair. OT I know but the number of cars I see parked up blocking footpaths lately around my way is shocking. Only my love of cars stops me from kicking off a few wing mirrors some days. It's a PITA walking the young lad over to school with the baby in the buggy and having to bring them both out onto the road because of these inconsiderate d1cks.

/End rant. (not directed at the OP 'cos I've no idea where or how she parks but she did say the car was on the path).

Hi, I do park on the path (like all the people on my road) whilst I wait for my landlady to convert the front garden into a drive. I park half off on the edge to make sure there is space for at least two prams side by side and more so - there is plenty of space left...and I am always cautious to park leaving plenty of space. I also pull in the wing mirror (it snaps quite loudly back) just in case hence why I think, maybe, someone was messing with it, but then maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

milltown wrote: »
    Or somebody trying to get by with a buggy or wheelchair.
    You'd have to get pretty cross to trash a mirror with a buggy or wheelchair:eek:

Advertisement