Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carl Sagan -COSMOS, Dvd boxset

Options
  • 07-12-2009 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Great chistmas present for getting some knowledge out there- digitally remastered version out these days! Go on every buy just one and give it as a present!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Great chistmas present for getting some knowledge out there- digitally remastered version out these days! Go on every buy just one and give it as a present!;)

rccaulfield

Carl Sagan COSMOS, Dvd boxset ........ now theres a great series of Dvds ;)
    How many years ago since it was on RTE ?? Early 80s ?? Wow time flies . Great program , i can still Carl Sagan`s voice in my head all theses years later , he had a wonderful documentary voice , bit like david attenborough i suupose !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Stargate wrote: »
    rccaulfield

Carl Sagan COSMOS, Dvd boxset ........ now theres a great series of Dvds ;)
    How many years ago since it was on RTE ?? Early 80s ?? Wow time flies . Great program , i can still Carl Sagan`s voice in my head all theses years later , he had a wonderful documentary voice , bit like david attenborough i suupose !
    A gem of a series. I bought it on VHS many years ago and then replaced it with the DVD box set when it first came out a few years back. This is the best science show that was ever on TV. It is now 30 years old but still relevant today. Carl Sagan has always been my hero. Buy it, you won't be sorry.

Beeker wrote: »
    A gem of a series. I bought it on VHS many years ago and then replaced it with the DVD box set when it first came out a few years back. This is the best science show that was ever on TV. It is now 30 years old but still relevant today. Carl Sagan has always been my hero. Buy it, you won't be sorry.

Gee Beeker , VHS lol , you must be as old as me hehe :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Gee Beeker , VHS lol , you must be as old as me hehe :cool:
    Not getting any younger. I celebrated the 21st anniversary of my 21st this year:D

Not getting any younger. I celebrated the 21st 201st anniversary of my 21st this year:D

FYP :D Beekers as old as the Cosmos itself :eek:

• Advertisement

FYP :D Beekers as old as the Cosmos itself :eek:
    :D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loved the show the first time around, must have been 10 when it was screened.
    Was going to suggest waiting for the blu-ray but then the thing was for TV, and american TV at that, the native resolution would suck now anyway.
    So DVD it is.
    But I remember this show as a real eye opener, doing for astrophysics and astronomy what the aforementioned Attenborough did for the nature documentary.
    Must watch out for it and pick it up, then watch it with my 6 year old!

Beeker heres a link for you , dont know if you`ve read this before ?

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2010.html

Fascinating read , i really enjoyed it ! ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Loved the show the first time around, must have been 10 when it was screened.
    Was going to suggest waiting for the blu-ray but then the thing was for TV, and american TV at that, the native resolution would suck now anyway.
    So DVD it is.
    But I remember this show as a real eye opener, doing for astrophysics and astronomy what the aforementioned Attenborough did for the nature documentary.
    Must watch out for it and pick it up, then watch it with my 6 year old!

CiDeRmAn thats a brill idea so it is !!

Teaser for you ...the great Cal Sagan >>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g

Stargate

Thanks for that, will have a read later when it gets quite at work.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, will have a read later when it gets quite at work.

Beeker , you dossing again :P

Beeker , you dossing again :P

Whenever I can:D:D:D

Did you read it Beeker? What do you think?

Did you read it Beeker? What do you think?
    I enjoyed reading that, I must say I was surprised to see that Carl and Annie both used the weed.:)
    Good stuff!

I enjoyed reading that, I must say I was surprised to see that Carl and Annie both used the weed.:)
    Good stuff!

:eek: I was too tbh ;)

Advertisement