Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What colour is my car??

Options
  • 07-12-2009 10:05pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I'm not having a blonde moment. :p Someone tipped my car and put a little chip in the paint in the bumper. I'm trying to get one of those little paint stick things to just colour it in, cos it's only small and not gonna go to the expense of getting it sprayed.

I'm told that somewhere on my car there is a sticker or plate that has the colour code so I can get a paint stick to match, but so far I haven't been able to find it. (Have tried the manual, service log book, under the bonnet, and inside the driver door where the tyre info is). My car is a 2003 Nissan Primera Acenta, it's a kinda wine colour, same as this. If anyone has the same car and same colour as me and knows what the code is, I'd be most grateful if you'd let me know! Or if anyone knows where the heck the little code is on my car, that would also be fab! Thanks in advance! :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

If you go to a proper decent motor store they should be able to tell you by model. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

The code should be at the end of the VIN number which is on a metal plate generally on the underside of the bonnet or up around where the windscreen is (visible when you lift the bonnet) failing this you should find the paint codes under a flap of carpet under the drivers seat, you might be able to get at it if you slide the seat forward or back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

If you check the manual, there should be a stamp on it somewhere with a colour code. That's where i got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I can tell mine by looking at my car
    black :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The paint code is normally on a sticker on one of the door frames, if you go to a auto paint supplier they will take (find themselves if necessary) the code and make you a touch-up bottle for around €15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

jaffa20 wrote: »
    If you check the manual, there should be a stamp on it somewhere with a colour code. That's where i got mine.

There is generally a sticker around the boot floor with all your car specific details from engine type to colour to optional equipment

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks all!! Shall check these locations tomorrow!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

http://www.paints4u.com/AutoColours.aspx?ProductID=6930

Could be Roma Red - Have a look and see if AX5 is mentioned somewhere.

Advertisement