Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally disgusted...

Options
  • 07-12-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I had to post a thread because what I saw today really really annoyed me.

I was on my tea break and went down stairs (on to the street) to have a ciggie... As I looked around there was a woman crossing the street with a young Husky... I watched them as they walked down another street directly infront of me but lost sight of them as they went behind some cars.

When I saw them again, the dog was doing a poop right infront of one of the parked cars basically in the middle of the street. I kept watching because I wanted to see if the lady would pick up the poop...... which she didn't! :eek: I was absolutley stunned that she would let her dog poop in the middle of a street and just walk on. What an absolutely disgusting thing to do. If she'd been close enough for me to speak to her I'd have said something. Jeez, some people!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

That is filthy. I always say something, hate to see someone drop litter or not pick up after their dog. I hate stepping in poo, hate the sight of it on the street, smell of it in the summertime, never mind when a bicycle goes through it and it's spread 10 ft:eek: Rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

There are always a few who make everyone else look bad. I think once Gunnar went in a petrol station as we were taking a short cut to the car... and I still picked up after him .. in front of the car full of lads laughing their behinds off at me :o

I learnt my lesson though to not walk him through the shortcut anymore :D

One of my dogs likes to pretend to poo in front of people with kids, or elderly people, she's a brat! There's no point trying to tell them she was only pretending to poo, so we have to pretend to pick 'it' up! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

cianer wrote: »
    One of my dogs likes to pretend to poo in front of people with kids, or elderly people, she's a brat! There's no point trying to tell them she was only pretending to poo, so we have to pretend to pick 'it' up! :p

Are you sure she isn't straining because she's constipated? I doubt a dog would pretend to poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

It really rages me too if I see people dropping litter or trying to dodge 'poop' on the footpath... My Bailey always goes 'on the grass' They're the words we've used with her from day one when training and now if we're out walking she'll head for grass before doing pees or poops anywhere else... and also gets excited and impatient if there isn't any grass close by. Even tho it's in the grass, i'll still pick it up if theres a chance people/cars/bicycles etc.. will come into contact with it.

There's always the few who 'tar' dog owners with the same brush suggesting that we don't pick up after our dogs but we do... so learn from us!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Magenta wrote: »
    Are you sure she isn't straining because she's constipated? I doubt a dog would pretend to poo.

my dog used to pretend to pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

This is the single most annoying thing when walking anywhere. When we walk our lot (quite the operation) we bring masses of poo bags (aka biodegradable nappy bags) because I would never just leave poo on the path. On the rare occasion that we run out or forget to bring them I will consciously make a note and clean up the poo the next time we are out walking, and have to walk away from the poo in the grass at the time mortified. If one of them has dodgy poo I usually end up with a bag full of grass and muck trying to pick it up. Our lot go on the grass and sometimes on the path but it all ends up in a bag, not that difficult.

Mine (one in particular) have picked up gastric infections from poo in the grass, not from eating any just just from general sniffing etc. which apparently (according to my vet) is not that uncommon. Also, picked up worms from the grass that has had poo sitting on it for yonks. Not to mention the diarrhoea that is in the grass sometimes - someones dog is quite sick and is passing it on to other dogs because the owners don't pick up poo. I always see people wheeling prams through poo on the path, heading for home, and presumably dragging it into their house when they get there.

I totally agree that quite a lot of people rank all dog owners in the same box, as per usual it's the bad ones that give us all a bad name. I had someone once ask me (very rudely), while out with a dog, if I pick up after my dogs. The cheek! When I told them I did they seems nearly shocked and just said "good" and walked off. In hindsight I should have told them to piss off but at the time I was in such disbelief I didn't know what to say.

Magenta wrote: »

No, unfortunatly it's definitley her pretending. It only happens when there's toddlers or grannys around, I had brought her to the vet over it.... nothing wrong! She's also a dog that pretends to be hurt if I have to correct her verbally, she suddenly developes a huge limp, it gets worse if you sympathise but disappears if you ignore it!

It really is unfair that the bad owners have us all tarred with the same reputation - can't blame people giving out and I try to take the comments from non dog owners with good grace. Mind you, one of my dogs had 'assumed the position' and I was getting my bags together to do the nasty when one woman practically ran over to me and started shouting at me that I was a disgrace for not picking up after my dog!!! The dog hadn't even finished yet! I wasn't quite so graceful then! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Some dogs are a bit nutty, one of ours pretends her paw is sore and lifts it up if I give her a bath so she thinks I'll take her out of it. Previous dog did the same thing.

I don't mind if someone doesn't pick up the dog poop if it's off the beaten track ..better off wearing wellies with this rain anyway. But always giving out to rellies for not picking up after their dog.

Mind you what do people do if the poop is runny lol.
    I think someone suggested sprinkling cat litter on it first or there's the poop freeze stuff.

I think people are becoming more forward in telling people to pick it up, but we do need more poop bins around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

aoife2k wrote: »
    What an absolutely disgusting thing to do. If she'd been close enough for me to speak to her I'd have said something.

That's actually in Polish (awsome film BTW), but the scene tells a lot:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

cianer wrote: »
    No, unfortunatly it's definitley her pretending. It only happens when there's toddlers or grannys around, I had brought her to the vet over it.... nothing wrong! She's also a dog that pretends to be hurt if I have to correct her verbally, she suddenly developes a huge limp, it gets worse if you sympathise but disappears if you ignore it!

It really is unfair that the bad owners have us all tarred with the same reputation - can't blame people giving out and I try to take the comments from non dog owners with good grace. Mind you, one of my dogs had 'assumed the position' and I was getting my bags together to do the nasty when one woman practically ran over to me and started shouting at me that I was a disgrace for not picking up after my dog!!! The dog hadn't even finished yet! I wasn't quite so graceful then! :rolleyes:

Your dog sounds so cool :p

I hate when people dont pick up their dog business after them pity there wasnt a litter warden around when she was letting her dog do that
    I have a neighbour that lets her dog run wild on the street and that dog poops in everyones garden :mad:

I bagged it up one day and handed it back to her saying this belonged to her dog but unfortunately it didn't stop the mutt from doing it

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I bagged it up one day and handed it back to her saying this belonged to her dog but unfortunately it didn't stop the mutt from doing it

You're a legend!!! :D

Advertisement