Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

putting car off road, getting ticket in public street?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I might leave my car off road from Jan onwards, what happens if some warden sees the tax out and slaps a ticket (or 2) on it..?

I have a permit, so can leave it on the street for as long as I want, but the tax will be out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Is there a way that you can declare that it's off the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

If you leave it on a public street, its technically not "off the road" is it?

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I suppose not. :D

Why not park it at a friend's, or somewhere off the public street?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

B00MSTICK wrote: »

Not even technically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Put it in yours or a friends driveway and it's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Anything on a public road, parked or driving requires a valid tax disc or you can run into problems, regardless of a local authority permit.

Not saying your going to get done, but its possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was done by a warden two years ago for not displaying a valid tax disc on a public street, 60 euro.

I think Tipsy's recommendation is the way to go then. Get it on to private land.

Advertisement