Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navel piercing?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm thinking of getting my navel pierced (first piercing apart from ears!) and just have a few questions.
    1. How old do you have to go without parents (I know it varies but a rough guide)
    2. I've been advised to go to Celestial Ring in Stephen's Green. Does anyone have any experiences here? Are the staff friendly/helpful etc? I'm sure I'll be quite nervous so having friendly staff will be quite important!
    3. How do they do it? I understand its with a hollow needle but do they numb the area or anything like that first?
    4. Are there any kinds of specific metals which I should use initially?
    5.How long will I have to wait before being able to go swimming and play sports again without fear of getting infected etc?
    6. Could there be any long term affects of getting my belly button pierced and it getting infected?

Sorry if this is a bit tedious just want to make sure I'm making the right decision! Thanks in advance :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hey, varies by studio so;

1) I think 17 with no parents present but not 100% sure
    2) Wildcat/Celestial are well known, Áine is the piercer there I believe. She is friendly and will put you at ease.
    3)No where will numb potential piercing site. Shouldn't hurt that much, slight pinch. Depending on the piercer's style they will either use a clamp to gently hold the skin in place then use a needle/blade, then follow through with the jewellery. Or they will free hand it.
    4)Titanium is your best bet or implant grade steel.
    5)I think it's 2/3 months, not 100% sure anymore.
    6)As long as you follow the aftercare advice/sheet you will have no problems in the short or long term :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

LivinLife wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting my navel pierced (first piercing apart from ears!) and just have a few questions.
    1. How old do you have to go without parents (I know it varies but a rough guide)
    2. I've been advised to go to Celestial Ring in Stephen's Green. Does anyone have any experiences here? Are the staff friendly/helpful etc? I'm sure I'll be quite nervous so having friendly staff will be quite important!
    3. How do they do it? I understand its with a hollow needle but do they numb the area or anything like that first?
    4. Are there any kinds of specific metals which I should use initially?
    5.How long will I have to wait before being able to go swimming and play sports again without fear of getting infected etc?
    6. Could there be any long term affects of getting my belly button pierced and it getting infected?

Sorry if this is a bit tedious just want to make sure I'm making the right decision! Thanks in advance :o

Hello Dear ;)
    O.k... 1: You need to be 16/17 with i.d... passport or garda card.
    2: I am one of the piercers for celestial (now called Wildcat) and yes im nice! :D
    3: No need to numb! Its only a little pinch ;)
    4: We only use titanium jewellery here. Its the best for new piercings. Lightweight and the lowest nickle tace.
    5: Best not to swim or do mad sports for 3/4 weeks hon.
    6: It won't get infected if you take care of it! If you follow the piercers aftercare advive you'll be fine. The piercing will leave a scar and/or scar tissue.

Hope that helps. :o

Advertisement