Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Question

Options
  • 07-12-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Ive been looking at a few insurance quotes there and they were all coming up at around 2000 euro. I am 25 and they are for a 1lt engine and i have a provinsonal and have not drove before. This is probably the right price but I am convinced I checked before about 6 or 7 months ago and I was getting quotes of around 12-1300 for the same type of car. Has car insurance went up recently of something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

in short yes, a lot of insurance has gone up including motor...

insurance companies make a lot of money investing the premiums.... and thats not making much money these days.. so higher premiums to cover costs...

Also recession brings a lot more claims... so more money to pay out....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Thats a pity, I knew I seen it before for alot cheaper than that. That is some jump to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

And not to mention the glut of claims that have to be paid out on the back of our recent weather.

Never even thought of that. Do you's think if i waited for a few months it might go back down a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

About 20 months ago I was in the same boat as you, no driving experience, 24 years old, provisional licence and a 1.0l Polo. Cheapest was eur1800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Last year my insurance was €1946. It's on a 2004 Mazda RX-8. I was 23 with 3 years NCB. I'm now 24 with 4 years NCB and on the same car it's €1847. That quote was given after I got them down from €2500 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

No point waiting if you can afford it now, at least your clocking up driving experience and no claims bonus, in a years time you have something to show and will get a reduction if you keep a clean record. In a years time if you hold off then the initial quote could be the same or higher even.

who is the cheapest for first time drivers? i have only tried quinn direct

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

MJ, it's anyone's guess these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Shop around is your best bet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement