Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andorra in Jan or Austria in Mid Feb

Options
  • 07-12-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I'm tempted to go for a good deal in early Jan for Andorra but is the snow a bit dodgy? Alternatively I can go to Austria in mid Feb but its a lot more expensive. Am a novice having been to Germany on my first trip last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

Sod it we'll chance Andorra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I would say your right about Andorra, the snow can be dodgy in Jan, My first two holiday were there, in Jan, we stayed in Arinsal. Both times the snow was terrible, hardly enough to cover the slopes, but it is cheaper.

I would recommend spending the extra money and going to Austria, it has some of the best skiing and resorts.A lot of the resorts have a great snow record for Feb. I head to Austria most years in Feb and have never been disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Snow can be dodge in Austria in Feb too given a lot of the resorts are low lying - were are you thinking of going in Andorra and Austria and do a comparison based on previous years.

I have skied in Andorra and Austria Jan \ Feb \ Mar and never had bad snow. If your going to Andorra try Soldeu or Pas as Arinsal can be limited especially if there is limited snow.

Advertisement