Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet partner in practice

Options
  • 07-12-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello there,
    Quick question please - does anybody know if a partner in a vet's practice needs to be a qualified vet? Can a person who is not a vet be a financial partner so to speak?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well once they're not working in the practise then I doubt it matters who the partner is. If you're not qualified, you don't work there. Being a partner doesn't necessarily mean you have to work for whatever you're partner of. I don't know the ins and out of law stuff - perhaps one of the sub sections under Biz would be helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

As Starpants said you could be a partner in whatever you want but you just wont be doing the work of the vet. I know some practice managers (non-vets) who have bought into their practices so its no different. Itd be advantageous though in my opinion to have some knowledge of what you're investing in though and have a good business background.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fatcat

Thanks for your replies

Advertisement