Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pneumonia with no symptoms???

Options
  • 07-12-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

My husbands post mortem results came back this morning. It mentioned that his cause of death was aided by 'severe broncol pneumonia'. I'm confused over this- he had absolutely no symptoms! In fact he had a game of golf the day before he collapsed, did not complain, breathing fine, temperature normal etc...

Could it have been something that he could have developed while on life support in two days?

For the record, I'm just looking for answers, I always thought that pneumonia had quite unmissable symptoms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

hey there Axelrose

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. I speak for all involved in this forum when I offer our condolences.

Unfortunatley though, our forum charter precludes anyone from seeking advice regarding a personal medical situation. It's not really what the forum is for. I suggest maybe having a conversation with the medical team that treated your husband and putting your questions to them. There are also other avenues availible after a post mortem, the hospital will be able to advise you on this, if you still have questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement