Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Mk 2 II keyfob

Options
  • 07-12-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Heya,

Apparently my keyfob is low on batteries and needs to be replaced - grand! I've done a bit of research and all the suggestions involve unscrewing it and putting a new battery in, but the problem is that my fob has no screws...

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

regi wrote: »
    Heya,

Apparently my keyfob is low on batteries and needs to be replaced - grand! I've done a bit of research and all the suggestions involve unscrewing it and putting a new battery in, but the problem is that my fob has no screws...

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks :)

Is it the roundy remote key with the Lock, Unlock and boot open?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are a couple of different tye fobs depending on which model you have.

Is it this one:

key38.jpg

That's a VAG one bazz. Focus flick key is more curved.

Generally work on the same principle for getting in to them anyway.

Pull off the bit with the actual key on. Split in half to reveal battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Pic: 98246.JPG

If I replace the battery, is there any danger that it'll 'forget' the car its coded to?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm sure it's all covered in the owners manual.

Advertisement