Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

looking for opinions on 307 commercial

Options
  • 07-12-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

looking into buying one this weekend have had a 306 van for the past 2 years never let me down.. looking at a 2005 model 2 litre HDI

Opinions?? owners and pilots :D

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_307
    The 307 suffers from below average build quality and reliability, it was placed 158th out of 159 cars tested in the Top Gear Survey of 2005. It also ranked 99 out of 113 2-3 year old cars tested by TÜV in 2007.

Also http://www.topgear.com/content/carsurvey/2006/peugeot/307/
    Peugeot 307
    Overall Position: 150/152

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 306 was rated to be a way better car than the 307 that followed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Hi aurin07....I guess your 306 has the 1.9 Td xud engine which is bulletproof,
    The hdi's are also good but like all modern diesels today which have alot of
    sensors...dmf's..dpf's..that can give trouble...:rolleyes:
    As for the 307's there not bad but if you get a bad one it may give you
    grief ...:rolleyes:
    Ron.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

scrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i have a 16hdi with 110,000k and its fine, it was overheating a while when i busted the radiatior after hitting a dog, the oil went like tar from the regular overheating, fixed rad, changed oil and still runs fine, i drive the shyte out of it every time i hit a straight stretch

brother has a 1,4 petrol with 215,000 miles and its fine too

fantastic cars, I wouldn't buy mine if i were you though

• Advertisement

my father is on his second 307 1.4hdi he put up high mileage on the first and must be up around 140k km/h on this one. I think a wheel bearing is the only problem he had had on this one and don't remember any problems with the first one apart from both having a tendency to blow break light bulbs. He pulls the car trailer with it too often with a bit of weight in it so it doesn't have an easy life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

I have a 04 2.0 HDI Van (RHY Engine - Bosch Fuel System) with 124000mls and it's fine!

Having come out of a 530d M-Sport if was a bit of a culture shock but i got over it after looking at the running costs between the two.

I'm averaging about 520mls per tank (€60 to fill) which is not bad as i do 50% City driving and 50% motorway driving.

It's very comfortable but the only downside in relation to this is the blind spot created by the "A" pillar when turning right and the difficulty to see the nose of the car when parking.

In relation to maintenance - mine has a full Peugeot History which was nice but it need's the alternator to be over-hauled as it's over charging and i already changed the EGR due to lack of power/EML on the dash.

Mine is the XRAD model which afaik is the base model but it still has a respectable spec such as CD player, elec windows and steering wheel controls.

Pro's & Con's

Pros - Cheap Tax (Van), maintenance costs are reasonably low, not too bad of power (110hp)

Cons - Everything "Could" go wrong with it so there a bit risky and a VW Golf van is nicer to drive :D.

HTH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

very economical. very comfortable. modern enough. id go with it.

Advertisement