Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bora 1.6 16v power gain

Options
  • 07-12-2009 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Recently bought a 2002 bora 1.6. Wanted to get a little more power out if it but only have 500 euro to spend. Would adding an induction kit and an exhaust give more power and if so would anybody have any tips on where to buy or wat brands, and prices of buying them and installing them

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Honestly dude, wasting your time and money ! A 1.6 Bora will never be quick. If you had bought a diesel you could get it re-mapped for more power. Now you can re-map a petrol but you'll get sh!te all gains.

If you want power you should just go for something renowned for power, it doesn't mean your economy suffers either ! I've got a 1.6 vtec, my missus has a 1.6 vw Jetta, she gets 42mpg, I get 44mpg and a lot more power :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Or you could consider talking to someone like joe at chipped ire, to see if your car is suitable for a remap. The Guide on his site says you can get an extra 12bhp for your 16v.

bora4.jpg

On the road, you'd probably see as much gain by removing any unnecessary weight from the car. If I had €500 to spend on making a car quicker, I'd be looking at decent tyres and brakes first, but I'm odd like that...

Is this the same 1.6 that's in the Lupo GTi? Might be worth checking out clubpolo.co.uk and seeing what's popular there?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maybe a decat would help, that and chipping.
    Not gonna see much gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Waste of money,spend the cash on some nice suspension mods,wheels or tyres and enhance the driving experience that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

tossy wrote: »
    Waste of money,spend the cash on some nice suspension mods,wheels or tyres and enhance the driving experience that way.

x2!

When the times right drop a R32 in that bad boy then! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement