Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ice skating

Options
  • 07-12-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

will it be on this year? last year the venue changed to to AQ. I usually bring my kids at Christmas, but with the recession, maybe its not going be on this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

All info on http://www.limerickonice.com/

The building was going up over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

sioda wrote: »

Oh my eyes - brutal spelling mistake, not once but 5 times - Childern for Children :eek:

http://www.limerickonice.com/prices.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

€17 for an Adult? Get real??

I've been ice skating at a temporary christmas venues in the UK the past couple of years and it was never more than £10. Nearly €35 for a couple to go is a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

like every "attraction" that comes to town, it ends up infested by scum and no crack for families.
    Scobes have this city ruined :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

wow, bit expensive for less than an hour there - don't think I'll be heading there this year with the gang.

Can't stand the use of "skool" for school either. I know its come standard for txting but not for posters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Itsdacraic wrote: »

I've been ice skating at a temporary christmas venues in the UK the past couple of years and it was never more than £10. Nearly €35 for a couple to go is a bit much.

To put the Scobes off going perhabs?

Twin-go wrote: »
    To put the Scobes off going perhabs?

The scobes seem to be the only ones with money at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

€17 will put everyone off it not just scobes

Iang87 wrote: »

Especially for something that is basically a novelty event. I doubt there are that many accomplished skaters in Limerick so it doesn't exactly encourage a novice to give it a shot if they have to fork out nearly €40 quid to bring the bird along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Iang87 wrote: »

hopefully. then they will stop charging so much. too bad the mindless drones that are irish people will go with stupid grins on their faces and pay the 17 quid all the while just moaning about it on the internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

almost get a pair of rollerblades in smyths for that, and you can skate the whole town then. and you can fit a brake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

I agree with itsdacraic 17 euro for an hour,10 max

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

zuroph wrote: »
    almost get a pair of rollerblades in smyths for that, and you can skate the whole town then. and you can fit a brake!

Not a bad idea! I wonder if I could get a pair in size 13...

No way I'm paying to go ice-skating though. If I wanted to spend €17 quid to repeatedly fall on my arse, I'd get a pair of naggins and head out to a damp field for a few hours. :cool:

Is the price up or down on the other years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

I agree with itsdacraic 17 euro for an hour,10 max

wasnt it only a half hour other years???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

IIRC its the same price it has always been. Group rate is cheaper this year though. Better to disguise skating ineptitude in a large group :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

€17 is a joke. Im just back from New York where there is free ice skating, and people actually respect each other while doing it unlike AQ park.

Ive heard that the increase of temporary ice rinks in ireland the last few years some places dont even use real ice just like plastic sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ive heard that the increase of temporary ice rinks in ireland the last few years some places dont even use real ice just like plastic sheets

Heard where?

deffo saw something on boards here before,in one of the other regions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

deffo saw something on boards here before,in one of the other regions

hmm,interesting.I hope this issue doesnt keep me awake tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Pooh-bah

I've heard its only a tenner each if your going in a group of ten!..Id just grab some randomers going aswell to save some,im sure they wouldnt mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Two of my friends went at around 10am and they only got charged €12 because it was "off peak", also heard the music was very bad this year and there's new kinds of skates

Pooh-bah wrote: »
    I've heard its only a tenner each if your going in a group of ten!..Id just grab some randomers going aswell to save some,im sure they wouldnt mind..
    That's a great idea, you actually gonna do it?

Sera wrote: »
    That's a great idea, you actually gonna do it?
    Ya hopefully,ill be goin with the boyfriend so well wait for a big group headin in an say it to em methinks!..

Pooh-bah wrote: »
    Ya hopefully,ill be goin with the boyfriend so well wait for a big group headin in an say it to em methinks!..
    Yeah do, or get a couple and ask them to wait for more people or something? good luck with it all the same

Ya thats a good plan too!thanks!

Advertisement