Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Turntable - Advice please!

Options
  • 07-12-2009 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I'm hoping I'm asking in the right place but I want to buy a USB turntable as a gift for Xmas but haven't a clue what to look for! :eek:

Can anyone please recommend a brand/model or even just what to look for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jenga-jen wrote: »
    I'm hoping I'm asking in the right place but I want to buy a USB turntable as a gift for Xmas but haven't a clue what to look for! :eek:

Can anyone please recommend a brand/model or even just what to look for?

Dont know which one is the best to recommend but if you already have a set of decks which i am presuming you do here is the best way to do what you are looking to do (rip vinyl to PC) for little (€1.00) or no money & you can still buy a gift for christmas so it would be like 2 christmas pressies.........

http://www.properoldskool.org/south-ireland-oldskool-sets-f29/converting-old-tapes-vinyl-software-instructions-whatnot-t2365.htm#4195

You will have to register with this site before you can see the post but if yer into dance music it will be worth your while anyway as it is a great dance music site & trust me it is the cheapest way to convert your old vinyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Thanks AsylumMonkey but unfortunately I don't have the decks!!

Will defo keep the link for when I figure out which one to buy though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jenga-jen wrote: »
    Thanks AsylumMonkey but unfortunately I don't have the decks!!

Will defo keep the link for when I figure out which one to buy though :)

The link is not really relevant if you buy a USB turntable as it is for getting your decks/record player hooked up to your PC for free.

If you have a record player at all or a hifi with tape decks it will allow you to record analog music into your PC for free.

Advertisement