Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I rip CD to Mac without crappy Itunes involved?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

As asked above?

I am basically trying to rip audio to put to my phone for listening.

Simple surely....

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

Are you just trying to rip a cd into mp3s?

Put in the cd.

Use itunes. Set import mp3, by default it will be aac.
    Use this guide:

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_have_itunes_rip_cds_into_mp3_format.html

Otherwise just get software, its very easy with itunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

kinda missed the point of the question there Patrick, but Jay likes it so I suppose everything worked out well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just use Windows Media Player. Once you set it up it works perfectly, very simple and easy.

iTunes is unbelievably gay, I don't understand why people like it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Zascar wrote: »

I have to say I used to hate it but using it on a mac is a piece of cake

I despise Windows Media Player actually, suppose it's just what you're used to!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I think Windows Media Player is very good.

Nice little extension is this - instead of showing the visualisations etc - this shows all the info form the ID3 tags

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Zascar wrote: »

Oh there are so many reasons i can give why itunes is awesome. one of the main ones is the managing of playlists/smart playlists.
    For producing stuff in Logic, itunes integrates perfectly (if you set it up in a particular way).

Also the fact that Traktor integrates so perfectly with the itunes playlists is brilliant.

You don't really like Macs though don't you? itunes is like a little version of osx interface wise, so if people like the mac os (which a lot of people do), they tend to love itunes as they're very similar beasts.

I've only really played about on Mac's a couple of times and was never able to grasp exactly what people think are so fantastic about them. The simplicity shrouded the 'under the hood' accessibility for me. But I know many people who thought like me and were later converted when the got one - so they probably are great but I have just not had enough exposure to really judge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

iTunes is great. Even on a PC.
    Although the blue and white stripes, admittedly, are a bit gay. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

jtsuited wrote: »
    Also the fact that Traktor integrates so perfectly with the itunes playlists is brilliant.

Didn't know that. How so? Any idea if it works the same with pc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

Jev/N wrote: »
    I have to say I used to hate it but using it on a mac is a piece of cake

I despise Windows Media Player actually, suppose it's just what you're used to!

Im the same as that. Despise Windows Media Player and love itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Didn't know that. How so? Any idea if it works the same with pc?

you can browse your itunes playlists inside the traktor browser (one of the new features of traktor pro vs traktor 3).
    Handy for organising your music as you can have separate 'crates' made in itunes and then find navigate through them inside traktor.

Presume the pc version is the same.

Advertisement