Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapping on the back window, nobody there

Options
  • 07-12-2009 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Last night I put on a horror movie (Halloween 2) and half way through it I heard a tappng on the window of my back sliding door. The blinds were closed. I got a fright as I thought someone was out there and wanted to come in, so I paused for a second or 2 to see if it would happen again, it didn't so I got up and had a look out the back garden and there was nobody there, only my dog down the very back of the garden, so I thought, well it must be him, also he didn't seem bothered so obviously there was nobody there otherwise he would start barking.
    I continued watching the movie and about 10 mins later another few taps about 4 or 5 on the window again as if someone wanted to come in, so I jumped up immediatley to see what the dog was doing, but to my surprise the dog wasn't there he was down the very end of my back garden. So, maybe he ran down to the end of the back garden fast after making the noise. I was getting a bit freaked out at this point but continued to watch the movie. After another 20 mins or so the tapping began again on the window, this time a little bit harder. My heart was pumping fast and blood rushed to my head in panic as I jumped up to the window again opening the blinds to see the dog still at the end of the garden and nobody or nothing near the back door that could possibly make the tapping noise.

There are no branches or trees out the back that would do this so WTF was it? I can only think that it was the dog, but then again when I checked the back garden he was always at the very end of the garden.

Never had any encounters with ghosts or paranormal activity, no deaths in the house either. Anybody ever had something like this happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

without trying to brush the whole thing off, I would say that as you were watching a horror movie, you became more aware of normal, everyday noises you might not have noticed before. If it was windy out, then curtains/blinds etc etc on the sliding door could have easily made the tapping noises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

I once experience this while i was reading in my room. It turned out to be just moths which were attracted to the light from my room, they were hitting against the window causing a tapping noise,

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

iamhunted wrote: »
    without trying to brush the whole thing off, I would say that as you were watching a horror movie, you became more aware of normal, everyday noises you might not have noticed before. If it was windy out, then curtains/blinds etc etc on the sliding door could have easily made the tapping noises.

Totally agree with the comment above, not trying to minimise this in anyway as I'm sure it was a weird experiance for you, however, watching scary movies does make your mind more aware and more sensitive to everyday noises which can easily be mistaken for paranormal etc..

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ken_Is_Here

Hi JON, I've experienced something very similar which i posted about here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61663420&postcount=43

If it happens on your front door it's said to be followed by a death in the family but i'm not sure how much of that is folklore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Maybe your dog was throwing stones at the window..........

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I had that the other day. Rapping on the window like someone wanting to get in. The difference being it was in daylight and i wasnt watchin a horror, so rather than think of something spooky i just wondered who was messing about. Turns out it ya a big ol crow who was tapping the glass, he could prob see his reflection. There is a natural explanation to this, either the moths or something equally mundane. Great timing tho. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Thanks for the replies, but to be honest it was not windy at all, there were no moths, no crows and my dog didn't throw stones at the window. It was 1am and sounded very like a persons finger giving the window a good tapping. I haven't heard it since but I plan to watch another horror at the same time sometime during the week in the same location. Hopefully it happens again and I can investigate it further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Thanks for the replies, but to be honest it was not windy at all, there were no moths, no crows and my dog didn't throw stones at the window. It was 1am and sounded very like a persons finger giving the window a good tapping. I haven't heard it since but I plan to watch another horror at the same time sometime during the week in the same location. Hopefully it happens again and I can investigate it further.

tell headless nick i said hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I had also thought this to be more a non-paranormal occurrence due to the reasons mentioned above, but at the same time, if it did happen again, I'd be interested. Of course though, if there was something paranormal about the place, would something not have happened before, independent of watching a horror movie? For the record, I do believe in this stuff, I just find it curious that something only happened during a horror movie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I hope its not an owl!

• Advertisement
Advertisement