Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband is VERY SLOW after a move from BT

Options
  • 06-12-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I was with BT at 1MB, now i'm with Vodafone at 4MB, and the net with BT was great, but with Vodafone is very very very slow, sometimes you cant see images on a web page like on RTE.ie or eurosport as the net is that bad, or just cut out for 4-5 mins....

COME BACK BT BT BT

Vodafone is very bad... 4MB net, is like a old 56Kb modem... its like the old days....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ompaul

irish147 wrote: »
    I was with BT at 1MB, now i'm with Vodafone at 4MB, and the net with BT was great, but with Vodafone is very very very slow, sometimes you cant see images on a web page like on RTE.ie or eurosport as the net is that bad, or just cut out for 4-5 mins....

COME BACK BT BT BT

Vodafone is very bad... 4MB net, is like a old 56Kb modem... its like the old days....

methinks the issue is some setup within the land of VF - I am getting different results depending on whether I use a proxy or not from my home line

so high speed if I bounce via one of my offices and low speed and mobile like web site behaviour if I go direct - same browser same o/s different results
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

ompaul wrote: »
    methinks the issue is some setup within the land of VF - I am getting different results depending on whether I use a proxy or not from my home line

so high speed if I bounce via one of my offices and low speed and mobile like web site behaviour if I go direct - same browser same o/s different results
    :mad:

tonight I was looking at the snooker online, and I have to give up!!, was too slow....

i think i will have to use the internet from next door!! (wireless lol)

on the VF web site, alot of people are not happy too.... BT was GREAT :):) the best ... we will miss BT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Post Your line stats, maybe Your line isn't able for the faster speeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ejayb4

irish147 wrote: »

COME BACK BT BT BT

dude.. nothing has changed.. mines working fine.. its probably your line or something like that..

all the lines are the same.. all rented off eircom. ring up vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ejayb4

also goto speedtest.net and get to see what the actual speeds are

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Maybe we are stuck on 160k test mode are we ??

Advertisement