Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear - 06 December, 2009

Options
  • 06-12-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

already looking better than last week..............saw them on Thursday night - have a new respect for the stunt drivers & Stig, etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

wow, look at the bendy bus go - this is great consumer advice, I KNEW they could go faster than they do around town!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Feck sake this is the exact same as the camper van race, the bus race and the truck race. Im sick of them racing these big vehicles... ITS THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER

Top gear has gone to the dogs!
    Mind you its the opening scene so ill watch it through, as i always do:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Hammond's segments are always completely moronic.

if you don't watch it, you'll be worried that you'll miss something...........that said, I watched some of the earlier season stuff on Dave today and it's not a patch on the show it used to be...........

THAT was funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Can't imagine where they got the idea.

I knew it looked familiar!

the traffic would be much better in the morning if parents drove their precious little brats to school the way he's testing the S&M X5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

That range rover screen, i dont think i would EVER get tired of playing with that camera!!! Its just designed for men, shame it will be driven by girls :(

btw, there's a Christmas special - the boyos in South America...........it's in the vein of Botswana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The
    Ross Kemp
    bits, brilliant.

EDIT: The
    slight "ah" from him as the car hit the water.
    :D

• Advertisement

if he ends up in the same watery grave as black Stig, I'll be very unhappy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

LOL just LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liked the
    Ross Kemp gag
    , and the amazing Range Rover. Pure luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ross Kemp - wtf?

Anyway I was bored today, not enough James :( and it was just like watching a re run on Dave! Nothing really original (although that Land Rover was class)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Hehe I thought tonoghts episode was great. The whole Twingo section was hilarious and informative!:D

Only let down was Guy Ritchie. Like his films but he's about as exciting as Pat kenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Missed it :mad: Think I sent the sky box to record it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The Overfinch Land Rover was mentioned at Top Gear Live in the cool wall segment but I didn't know that it cost £130,000 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Good episode all the way, some (slighty) new ideas, lot of old stuff recycled but in the good, funny way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not too bad. The Renault/Mr. Needham piece was OK, but not as good as the Fiesta one which is probably impossible to top. I thought the bit in the tunnels was going to be longer. Obviously they were taking the mick, but I thought it was a little pointless when he started to knock off a few bumpers, etc. Quite a few segments now just seem to be repeats with different cars or locations and the news was fairly woeful as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I thought that the airport bit was absolutley useless, did anyone else notice when they drivers for the other vehicles came up, the date on the passports issued was in March 09, I mean if they havent used that segiment in over 9 months why use it now, I remember hearing about it on the website but it was really just to fill a gap IMO. They are seriously running low on ideas and originality at the moment.

All in all though it was an average episode with the odd laugh and gag, I would have given it 6.5 out 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

anyone know when this episode is repeated? Stupid NTL never recorded it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wednesday 7 pm I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 manu10

Hi, i was at top gear live on friday and i thought it was only ok, defo not worth €100, it was only on for 80 minutes, and the cars were not great, why no bugatti veyron there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mike65 wrote: »
    Wednesday 7 pm I think.

And Saturday evenings at 8-ish on BBC Three I think

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

The screen of the Land Rover was class, passage watching a DVD and driver can only see the SatNav on the same screen and it had 5 outside cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Same old ideas in this episode but good to watch nonetheless. The Land rover was class (loved that screen) and there were some laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

manu10 wrote: »
    Hi, i was at top gear live on friday and i thought it was only ok, defo not worth €100, it was only on for 80 minutes, and the cars were not great, why no bugatti veyron there?

Slighty wrong threa mate! But there was a Veyron in Ireland for the duration of the show. I saw it near Foxrock. Its Grey. I have a feeling it was suppose to be in the show but didn't make it at the last minute. Its now safety away from Revenue in England. :)
    manutd wrote: »
    The screen of the Land Rover was class, passage watching a DVD and driver can only see the SatNav on the same screen and it had 5 outside cameras.

Old tech to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Cant believe they killed the gorgeous Twingo!!!!!!!!!

Also....the touring car driver fliped the "vans" on purpose...it looked silly.
    average episode.
    6/10

Advertisement