Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Phonetic Alphabet - help please!

Options
  • 06-12-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Mods, apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to move it.

Anyways I really need help :o. I'm currently writing a thesis based on different dialects in Irish and I need to download the International Phonetic Alphabet. I've been on the internet for hours at this stage and I've managed to download Doulos Sil from Sil Fonts, but whenever I try to open it 5 different Wordpad pages come up with a few sentences of crap on them! I presume I haven't installed / activated it properly :confused:

Basically what I need are the symbols of the IPA so that I can use them in Microsoft Word. Any advice? My head is WRECKED!

Thanks a million in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

The second option on this site seems reasonably straightforward. Should allow you to insert the relevant symbol easily enough from a new toolbar in word.

Or, as mentioned on that page, there's always the old reliable 'Insert Character' method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sadhbhc15

Thanks so much :)

Advertisement