Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas gift ideas for people

Options
  • 06-12-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Basically i have very little doe this yr to spend on xmas gifts.
    i have my mam, dad, 3 sisters, sisters bf and a brother and bf to buy for
    ive already bought for my 3 sisters cos they like what i like.
    i got my mam a pair of earrings she wanted (they cost €30) but id like to get her something small to go with them.
    1) mam- So Can anyone suggest anything very cheap? did anyone see anything nice anywhere in dunnes or anywhere? im looking at something under €20.
    2) need to get my brother something. he's 26. anything general i cud get him? willing to spend around €50- €60 on him and..
    3) i also wanna get my sisters boyfriend something small for about €10 or under.. any suggestions of something - just a token to get him? like what would be value for money?
    4) finally i need to get my bf something small to (in the $20-€30 range)
    I already got him a dvd player (cost €160) so would like to have something small for him to go with it hehe.

Anyway good luck to everyone and their pressie buying. if anyone sees anything good that u cud give to anyone stuck for a present, let us know also.
    Thanks for ur ideas. hope i can return the favour in a later post :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

You could get your Mum some accessories like a scarf,gloves, & hat or gloves or a handbag.
    Next has some gorgeous chunky knitted scarves and hat sets and also leather gloves. Their stuff looks and feels very expensive but is actually very affordable ranging from 15-22 euro.
    Dunnes Stores also has some nice scarves and gloves etc. and are very low in price but look lovely. They also have lots of little gift sets varying from makeup to jewelery boxes.
    The Body Shop have some lovely sets that are great for gifts.

For your brother-theres a set in Boots called "scents of style".
    It contains Joop!Homme, Boss Man, Davidoff Cool Water,and Givenchy Play and it's only 24 euro!
    He might also like something like a leather wallet or some sort of gadget or a watch maybe.

For your sister's boyfriend,maybe something novelty like a funny mug or funny calender. Or else a large 2010 planner/diary thing.

For your boyfriend I'd consider getting a box set of a series he really likes,or most places have those boxes containing 3 movies of a similar genre. Like maybe Braveheart,Gladiator,and The Last Samurai.(usually fairly cheap)
    There's also alot of well known comedians who have released their new dvds this Christmas.
    Some good albums might be another option.

Notes:
    .If you don't like leather (wallets/gloves etc.) there are lots of really good quality faux leather products out there if you just like the look it)

.This year nearly all the big stores have a christmas gifts section on their websites.(I'm probably gonna be spending hours trawling them but not actually shopping until Christmas eve.:) )
    Don't forget the smaller lesser known shops in your area though. You can pick up some really great bargains and find some unique artwork,wood sculptures,pottery,glasswear or crystal etc.

Happy Christmas!:)

Advertisement