Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goggs or glass ?

Options
  • 06-12-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious to hear what you guys wear on the slopes ?

Personally i wear extra large dragons with polorised lens

dragon-alliance-dxs-tweed-snow-goggles-1.jpg

Just like these ecept cleer mirror finish on polarised len's...

I love them comfy never steam up ever, would so recomend them to any body :cool:

How about yours ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Goggles with helmet, glasses with a hat. I tend to ski in the dead of winter when light is low, so always go for amber lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tom francy

I wear goggles most of the time but if its clear blue skys i wear glasses but i really want one of these ..seen them in snow and rock

adidas20eyewear.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

depends on the time...last year i went at the start of jan and wore glasses for the week...i have big ones so they were fine but i always had my goggles with me...which came in handy when my boyfriend needed them cause his glasses only literally covered his eyes...they were Oakley minute 2s (or something along those line) and they were doing nothing for him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Just curious to hear what you guys wear on the slopes ?

Personally i wear extra large dragons with polorised lens

dragon-alliance-dxs-tweed-snow-goggles-1.jpg

Just like these ecept cleer mirror finish on polarised len's...

I love them comfy never steam up ever, would so recomend them to any body :cool:

How about yours ?

good choice! iv got the Dragon Mace's as well! fairly pricey to replace the lenses though
    MACE-Nomis-Co-Op-2.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I invested in a set of Smith goggles this summer winter. My previous pair didn't have replaceable lenses which is why I got the new ones and with one day it being gloomy rain and skiing on the south slopes and the next being bright sunshine and in the ski field on the north slopes of a different mountain I needed to be able to switch lenses to see what I was doing.*

Southern hemisphere so sunny slopes and seasons are back to front.

• Advertisement

anyone know where i can get replacement lenses for bolle goggles??? i have NO idea what model they are so i could really order off the internet...plus iom going away in less then a 3weeks!!!

they were Oakley minute 2s (or something along those line) and they were doing nothing for him!!!

I'm never buying Oakley's again. Last pair I had broke when I put a pair of gloves on top of them. I swear. AND I never managed to get them replaced. So now I buy the Lidl cycling shades with the interchangeable lens for less than a fiver, and they do just as good a job, but without breaking and without me worrying about replacing them if they break.

EileenG wrote: »
    So now I buy the Lidl cycling shades with the interchangeable lens for less than a fiver, and they do just as good a job, but without breaking and without me worrying about replacing them if they break.

i bought them a few years ago for skiing even tho my mam told me to wear my Chanels...at lunch one day myself and an other girl from my ski class had our glasses right beside us and they were robbed...thanks god they were only a fiver...hers were prada and alot more then a fiver!!!

his have never broken and he wears when under a helmet cycling and everything...there just not suitable for skiing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

anyone know where i can get replacement lenses for bolle goggles??? i have NO idea what model they are so i could really order off the internet...plus iom going away in less then a 3weeks!!!

im pretty sure 53 degrees north have bollé goggles. try heading up there with the goggles n see if they stock that style n they might have replacement lenses or could order new ones

granty1987 wrote: »
    im pretty sure 53 degrees north have bollé goggles. try heading up there with the goggles n see if they stock that style n they might have replacement lenses or could order new ones

i'll try that...only problem is im going in less then 3weeks and in the run up th christmas they might not have them in on time but i can only try...have to go to snow and rock at some stage to so might try there as well!!

Thanks Granty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

granty1987 wrote: »
    good choice! iv got the Dragon Mace's as well! fairly pricey to replace the lenses though
    MACE-Nomis-Co-Op-2.jpg

indeed well worht it tho if you useing them 5 days a week for 5 months its good to have pair you no perform mine are the same mirror finish as your but black and white i just couldnt find a picture. :)

Id recomend them over any other make really good visability out of them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

i got a pair of the bloc goggles last year in tk maxx and am thinking of upgradeing this year.... any one any recomanfdtions of anywhere i can got good ones for around the 50/60 mark?? im off to les arcs, would i be better buying a pair there??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

I'm never buying Oakley's again. Last pair I had broke when I put a pair of gloves on top of them. I swear. AND I never managed to get them replaced

Oakley have a life time garuntee on all products, if you send it back to their service center they will replace it or ifyou have broken them they will repair them for about €60 no matter how you broke them.

Fattes wrote: »
    Oakley have a life time garuntee on all products, if you send it back to their service center they will replace it or ifyou have broken them they will repair them for about €60 no matter how you broke them.

Good luck with that. I never managed to get a repair or replacement. I went back to the shop where I bought them and was told they were over a year old (only barely) and that was the end of that. Nothing about repair or replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Try this number 00441462475400 its Oakleys customer service center. allot of Irish stores are very poor when it comes to customer service and the products they are selling.

Had a pair of Juliets that I scratched and because the lense degraded Oakley replaced it even though I damaged them. Had the foam replaced on my goggles as I had torn them coming out of a heavy apres session all free of charge.

I have lost count of hte number of nose rubbers I have ordered for my M frames again no charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

EileenG wrote: »
    Good luck with that. I never managed to get a repair or replacement. I went back to the shop where I bought them and was told they were over a year old (only barely) and that was the end of that. Nothing about repair or replace.

there made in ireland maybe i wasnt supposed to say that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I hate wearing my goggles and will only resort to them when it is chucking it down with snow and very flat light. I just dont like wearing them and find them awkward.

I love wearing my Oakley Hi-jinks though and like to keep them on as long as I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I've always worn glasses up to now, because I have polarised prescription lenses in a pair of bolle sunglasses and I'm not a contact-lens person.

This year, I'm giving serious thought to trying out disposable lenses, and getting a decent set of goggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

I have Oakley Sunglasses and Goggles (see attached). n669147216_133408_3458.jpg

I've had the sunglasses since 2002 and have used them on about a dozen ski trips and love them, one tiny scratch, that's all.
    I've had the goggles for about 5 years and they are magic, never fog up, and I have worn them a lot in recent years due to all the deep powder skiing.
    The goggles were pretty expensive but well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

For those of you with both goggles and shades- do you wear helmets? And if so, do you wear your sunglasses with your helmet? The reason I ask is that i would rather not buy 2 lenses for my goggles and so when its sunny, i will just wear the glasses. I always thought it looked funny though....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

17614.jpg
    I just bought a pair of these Dragon DX Snowgoggles Jet / Amber Ionized. 75Euro. cant stand glasses. they wont sit right on my crooked head :(

this is my first year wearing a helmet and i never even though of what goggles would look like....and i dont really have time to get lenses over the internet and dont know where stocks them....and im going on sat!!!! haha

only 3more sleeps!!! :D:D:D

Advertisement